OT: Things I didn't expect to find in Kerrville, Texas

toto

This topic just *barely* qualified for the "miscellaneous" forum :)

Today I typed "Flowbee" into Google (don't judge), and on the home page of their circa-1992 website, they proclaim that the Flowbee is made in Kerrville, Texas.  I don't know where I expected Flowbees to be made, and I guess I'm surprised that Flowbees are made at all, but the fact that they are headquartered in the same 20,000-person town as Mooney Intl was surprising to me.

https://www.flowbee.com/index.html

• Haha 2

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 9:39 AM, toto said:

This topic just *barely* qualified for the "miscellaneous" forum :)

Today I typed "Flowbee" into Google (don't judge), and on the home page of their circa-1992 website, they proclaim that the Flowbee is made in Kerrville, Texas.  I don't know where I expected Flowbees to be made, and I guess I'm surprised that Flowbees are made at all, but the fact that they are headquartered in the same 20,000-person town as Mooney Intl was surprising to me.

https://www.flowbee.com/index.html

How about a full blown steakhouse with a wine list that has over 800 listed selections? You don't see that everyday. 

http://www.cowboysteakhouse.com/

Diclaimer.....I'm related :):)

Disclaimer #2 …….. I used to know how to spell.

Edited by Mcstealth

1 hour ago, Mcstealth said:

How abour  full blown steakhouse with a wine list that has over 800 listed selections? You don't see that everyday. 

http://www.cowboysteakhouse.com/

Diclaimer.....I'm related :):)

Looks yummy.  I think restaurants are going to be packed when the zombie apocalypse is over. I can't wait to get my hands on a Ribeye steak, cooked medium with a baked potato, butter and sour cream and some sauteed mushrooms. Oh, and an ice cold Miller light.  Ummm mmmmm!

By the way, Mesquite is spelled incorrectly on the website.

Edited by Eight8Victor

7 hours ago, Eight8Victor said:

By the way, Mesquite is spelled incorrectly on the website.

Unless there's a new way of spelling it,  i'm not seeing it . . . 

1881362_ScreenShot2020-03-26at2_13_11PM.thumb.png.3c2d3b702cef6432307bd799a478f551.png

1981039290_ScreenShot2020-03-26at2_13_01PM.thumb.png.2961116778835e51f515758e4272c98a.png

Ah, i see it now

1909178096_ScreenShot2020-03-26at2_15_38PM.thumb.png.86e5fca17ff3d8e5ddbf14cf5f36b161.png

By the way, Cowboy Steakhouse is one of my favorite restaurants - I live just 20 minutes away.

• Like 2

Wait just a cotton pickin' minute! 

Is everyone just blow past the fact that someone in 2020 typed flowbee into google?  I'm not judging at all but I'll be damned if I'm not dying to know what happened up to that moment to make that happen! 

Maybe I'm the only one, but I feel like how @toto decided to type flowbee into google has to be just as interesting as the fact that flowbee is in Kerrville??:lol::lol::D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eight8Victor said:

Looks yummy.  I think restaurants are going to be packed when the zombie apocalypse is over. I can't wait to get my hands on a Ribeye steak, cooked medium with a baked potato, butter and sour cream and some sauteed mushrooms. Oh, and an ice cold Miller light.  Ummm mmmmm!

y the way, Mesquite is spelled incorrectly on the website.

I've been asking my family to get that fixed for years...……… Shows you how much pull I have. :):)

Good catch

2 minutes ago, Tony Starke said:

Not really, reminds me of when my parents grounded me in 10 the grade for wrecking dad's car.

Uh, now that sure brings back some memories..............:(  I rolled my dad's 1959 VW, nearly killed my two friends traveling with me...............:(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bob865 said:

Wait just a cotton pickin' minute! 

Is everyone just blow past the fact that someone in 2020 typed flowbee into google?  I'm not judging at all but I'll be damned if I'm not dying to know what happened up to that moment to make that happen! 

Maybe I'm the only one, but I feel like how @toto decided to type flowbee into google has to be just as interesting as the fact that flowbee is in Kerrville??:lol::lol::D

It really was me saying, "what are things that I probably can't do in the middle of a quarantine?"  And thinking about getting a haircut, and then... um... Flowbee.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, toto said:

It really was me saying, "what are things that I probably can't do in the middle of a quarantine?"  And thinking about getting a haircut, and then... um... Flowbee.

I was thinking we will all look like this Tom Hanks pic after this thing passes. Tom is feeling better so I hear.

screenshot_350.png