1975 M20C For Sale Uh, no, wife says keep

David Lloyd

1975 Mooney M20C for sale, 3680TT, 1750SMOH, 500 prop seal & balance, 804 useful load, $74,500.

New GNX375 coupled to KCS55 HSI and Stec 60-2 autopilot with altitude, PAR200B com/audio/intercom, KX165, WX8, FS450 fuel flow, Artex ELT.

Mods: 201 Windshield, one piece belly, 231 wingtips, two PAR46 landing lights, Lasar cowl closure, bladders, PowerFlow exhaust, 40:1 actuator gearset, 2011 gear discs, 231 cowl flaps, oil cooler relocated, overlapping nosewheel doors, articulating front seats, wing root fairing, 201 dorsal.

914565444_exteriorright.jpg.77892d7ac3b52d2457cd0e04bbec3de8.jpg1579791361_seatsreallydone2.jpg.c2ac013865d4df5f4a7fb618306c799a.jpg2004188208_seatsreallydone3.jpg.717b70548811375f013ddd9d5caa2134.jpgP1010983.thumb.JPG.b23a8b34ff263e43d7dc2c1561197807.JPG

Airport is closing, losing hangar after 40 years.  Nearby airports have long waiting lists.  My flying has changed in the last year, maybe it is time for more changes.  Annual inspection at 8A6 starts Monday if you want to see it opened up.

After a couple phone calls and one that sounded interested, the wife said we need to keep for another year and see how it goes.  Thank you for your interest.  5/19/2020

del

Edited by David Lloyd
take off market
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, MooneyStrike said:

Seems like a high price to ask on a M20C with such high engine time.  Avionics seem nice and plane looks good otherwise, but even an M20E I don't see go for 70+ without being in tip top shape.

ADS-B, WAAS, Fully coupled GPS, Brand new audiopanel, HSI and a shit ton of speed mods. If this isn't top of the line, I don't know what is. This is a Vintage Mooney that has everything. I doubt this will last more than a month, even in this economy.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MooneyStrike said:

Seems like a high price to ask on a M20C with such high engine time.  Avionics seem nice and plane looks good otherwise, but even an M20E I don't see go for 70+ without being in tip top shape.

Since you are new here... you get a pass...

You will realize pretty quickly, you are amongst friends...

Bashing somebody’s ad for sale helps nobody...

Sure, you don’t see the value... and wouldn't buy it...

The next person may... but gets turned off by the un-needed negativity...

Times are getting tougher... let’s not randomly pile on.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Really wished mine had a stec 60 vs the 50 that’s currently installed...

3 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

An M20C with a fully coupled autopilot will always attract top dollar. Even M20E's with fully coupled autopilots are rare and therefore in very high demand.

• Like 1

A couple questions have been asked. It was built in June, 1975, first flew as N6835V.  Exported to Canada in December 1977, flew there as C-GSZB.  Came back to the US in May, 1994 as N147EB.  

Do not have the logbooks for the first two years, for N6835V.  I do have all the Canadian logs.  Have the compliance records from 1994.  I also have the FAA CD with 337's, STC's, and registration changes.  There was one 337 from December 1976 showing a wing skin on each side replaced.  Don't know why, nothing else on the 337.  No other damage was ever recorded.  So, I have logs from December 1977 forward.

Yes, two LED lights.  I can see the far end of the runway when landing at night.  

By far the nicest C I have seen .  Beautiful airplane  , says alot about the owner. I love the late model versions.  The panel is so much nicer than the older style. Just a quick glance at controller will show the price is not out of line.  

Edited by Dan208

Previous 147EB owner here. I love what you did with the planes interior and GNX. We own a Bonanza now but I do often miss EB. Prior to us owning the plane, the gentleman spared no expense in having every mod possible put on the plane. Hundreds of hours of great memories of a low maintenance, speedy and capable aircraft. 

• Like 2

you can tell by the interior and panel (well heck, exterior too), this plane has had an owner with an open check book.  I'm sure the engine is probably on par with the rest of the plane.  Although on the high end, it probably warrants the price.  Not to step on toes, but this C rivals much newer planes based on condition and options.

• Like 4

On 3/21/2020 at 3:23 AM, Niko182 said:

ADS-B, WAAS, Fully coupled GPS, Brand new audiopanel, HSI and a shit ton of speed mods. If this isn't top of the line, I don't know what is. This is a Vintage Mooney that has everything. I doubt this will last more than a month, even in this economy.

The engine hours are really high, I thought airframe > engine > avionics.

On 3/21/2020 at 1:10 PM, carusoam said:

Since you are new here... you get a pass...

You will realize pretty quickly, you are amongst friends...

Bashing somebody’s ad for sale helps nobody...

Sure, you don’t see the value... and wouldn't buy it...

The next person may... but gets turned off by the un-needed negativity...

Times are getting tougher... let’s not randomly pile on.

Best regards,

-a-

I am definitely new, I only say what I said because I'm here to learn. I've been doing a lot of research the last 2 months and I want to buy a good condition M20E. I'm not trying to be negative at all. There was another ad around here recently asking for a similar amount and people replied 'high price' right away, for a similarly priced M20 I think.

Definitely not trying to be negative

On 3/21/2020 at 1:18 PM, gsxrpilot said:

An M20C with a fully coupled autopilot will always attract top dollar. Even M20E's with fully coupled autopilots are rare and therefore in very high demand.

Ah, good to know. I don't know too much about the different avionics (100hr ppl) so still learning.

I want an M20E but it looks like a high quality M20E may be hard to come by, so I will definitely be interested in following M20C listings.

11 minutes ago, MooneyStrike said:

The engine hours are really high

1450 on an engine that has a TBO of 2000 is higher time but i wouldnt exactly call it really high. Also this is an engine that regularly gets taken to 3000 to 3500 since they are bulletproof.

As for avionics, they add up really quick. To install an stec 60 today in an m20c cost around 30 grand. The new avionics rack on the side set him back at least 16 to 18k. I rarely see HSI's on older mooneys. Id go call a couple of shops and see what itll cost you to get a panel set up exactly to your needs that includes AP, GPS, Audiopanel, ADSB, new coms and an engine monitor. I will be surprised if you can get a number under 40k.

• Like 2

David, I see a major selling point in your airplane that I don’t see mentioned anywhere ... I may be wrong ..... but I do believe that is a Trophy Conversion isn’t it? Articulating seats? A real OEM Mooney 201 windshield ?

Thanks, Frank

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 1:32 PM, Niko182 said:

1450 on an engine that has a TBO of 2000 is higher time but i wouldnt exactly call it really high. Also this is an engine that regularly gets taken to 3000 to 3500 since they are bulletproof.

As for avionics, they add up really quick. To install an stec 60 today in an m20c cost around 30 grand. The new avionics rack on the side set him back at least 16 to 18k. I rarely see HSI's on older mooneys. Id go call a couple of shops and see what itll cost you to get a panel set up exactly to your needs that includes AP, GPS, Audiopanel, ADSB, new coms and an engine monitor. I will be surprised if you can get a number under 40k.

It has 1750 hours SMOH, not 1450.