PANEL & ANNUAL UPDATE! | DYNON SKYVIEW | AVIDYNE IFD540 | MOONEYM20C | N6887N

Subscribe and Fly Along! Panel and Annual update. The annual is pretty much done and N6887N got a clean bill of health. Dynon and Avidyne panel update is coming along perfectly. I did have to remove the L3 transponder and get a L3 remove transponder that goes in the tail so my center stack can fit the updates. Not a big deal at all. The remote L3 will do the same thing but come up on the Avidyne 540 screen. I am very excited for this awesome update with Dynon. Thanks for Flying Along!

Proudly Sponsored By:

Special Thank You to - Moyer Aviation http://www.moyeraviation.com/

Bose Aviation - https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/h...

Proud Partners:

Special Thank You to Dynon Avionics - https://www.dynonavionics.com/ (Best All-In-One System)

GoPro - https://gopro.com/en/us/ (HERO 5 & 7)

Foreflight - https://foreflight.com/ My Favorite Aviation App for Pilots

Aviation Oil Outlet - https://aviationoiloutlet.com/ Best prices for pilots (FREE SHIPPING)

E-mail - PilotFun101@gmail.com

Follow me on - Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PilotFun101/

Follow me on - Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/pilotfun101/

Transponder - Lynx L3 - https://www.l-3lynx.com/ Best All-In-One transponder for pilots.

GPS - Avidyne IFD540 - https://www.avidyne.com/

Check out aviation fun stuff on Amazon https://www.amazon.com

This Video is for entertainment purposes only and is not to be considered flight instruction in any way. Please contact your local CFI for flight instruction. #PanelUpgrade2020 #DynonCertified #MoyerAviation

2 hours ago, NJMac said:

I personally think you should pay to post this since you're being compensated to spam this stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I generously donate to Mooneyspace.  I think putting information out there to my fellow Mooney pilots is important to our GA family who are thinking about upgrading their panels or any ideas we might have to share. Its the whole point of MooneySpace.  This is not a business post what so ever.  I am proud of my Sponsor/Partnership to allow me to share my experiences in hopes to inspire others and also to put more ideas and understanding on those ideas to my fellow Mooney pilots.  GA is my childhood dream and I am grateful, proud, and honored to be living it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I generously donate to Mooneyspace.  I think putting information out there to my fellow Mooney pilots is important to our GA family who are thinking about upgrading their panels or any ideas we might have to share. Its the whole point of MooneySpace.  This is not a business post what so ever.  I am proud of my Sponsor/Partnership to allow me to share my experiences in hopes to inspire others and also to put more ideas and understanding on those ideas to my fellow Mooney pilots.  GA is my childhood dream and I am grateful, proud, and honored to be living it.  
I guess my distaste towards this isn't specifically aimed at you but our society of influencers who get these extravagant comps. I'll think long and hard before giving any of your sponsors any money knowing that a portion of my potential sale would go to offset your free goodies and that's what chaps my butt.

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, NJMac said:

I guess my distaste towards this isn't specifically aimed at you but our society of influencers who get these extravagant comps. I'll think long and hard before giving any of your sponsors any money knowing that a portion of my potential sale would go to offset your free goodies and that's what chaps my butt.

You're just sore you don't know how to use the camera on that Pixel phone or know how to do the editing required to put out content anyone would want to watch. 

If you don't like the videos, don't watch them.  As someone who's generated video content myself, (never good enough to attract a sponsor), it's an extremely competitive space and it takes an unbelievable amount of time, effort, and expertise to produce content that anyone wants to watch and that will attract any sponsors.

Those who do put in the time and effort, to produce content good enough to attract sponsors, are to be appreciated. That you wouldn't buy from Garmin because they send a few bucks over to @PilotFun101, is just sour grapes on your part.

If @PilotFun101 opens a store front and sets up shop as a dealer, then he can move to the vendor forum. But as he's just posting videos, sponsored or not, that anyone can watch, for free, without any obligation, he can keep posting as he is.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

You're just sore you don't know how to use the camera on that Pixel phone or know how to do the editing required to put out content anyone would want to watch. 

Dont be like that Paul.  Its not that I dont know how, its that I simply dont care to be in the spot light like that. To each there own. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJMac said:

Dont be like that Paul.  Its not that I dont know how, its that I simply dont care to be in the spot light like that. To each there own. 

Where's the tongue in cheek emoji? 

Fair enough. I myself, don't want to put in the effort to generate the content on a regular enough basis to attract the free stuff. 

But don't hate on the people who are willing to put in the effort and put themselves in the spotlight, to generate content that is high enough quality to attract the audience, and therefore get a few freebies. 

I say thanks to those sponsors, I have an interesting selection of videos to watch. And now that we're all confined to social isolation, it's nice to have good content to help pass the time.

:D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NJMac said:

I personally think you should pay to post this since you're being compensated to spam this stuff.

I think he just updating his viewers on his choices, and lists what he has so doesn't have to answer questions from non pilot viewers about what is this and what is that what shop did you use ect.....  He's not pushing any particular product in any video I have seen.  Barking up wrong tree with @PilotFun101 .  He does talk about how good Garmin products are in other videos but chose Dynon as personal choice.  The few bucks, he makes probably goes back into camera equip, and editing software.  My point is he has a few thousand subsribers on Youtube he aint getting rich.    

• Like 2

Just now, gsxrpilot said:

And now that we're all confined to social isolation, it's nice to have good content to help pass the time.

Yes! and last I checked the videos are free. 

Which is why I always let the Ads play thru on Channels I watch, only fair the producer of the content makes a little something. 

• Like 2

It is a lot of work to edit videos and expensive to maintain/buy the equipment to make the videos quality better. I started this channel because a lot of students would walk across the taxiway and check out my MooneyM20C Ranger in the hangar. They seemed excited but then seemed to want to quite when they are almost ready for their check ride.  And most of them did after spending tons of money.  So I started my channel to help inspire other in good old General Aviation.  Without GA there in is no aviation.  Since it was my childhood dream and made it a reality I had to do something to help grow our small family.  I almost lost my dream because of personal issues that I somehow had the courage to share with the world on my channel. Only because the E-mails I receive with people going through the same issues. Some sponsors came about because I asked them to tell me about their products. I wanted to do a lot of research before making a $$$ decision. In return I can share it with mooneyspace and followers on Youtube and Facebook to maybe help them with their decision process.  After the sponsors did their own research on me and checked out my channel and Facebook page they decided to help me out a little.  If I did not believe in their product I would not have bought it.  So now I am continue to show how much I care about our GA family in hopes to share my love for aviation and ideas about panels and of course Mooneys. My favorite airplane as a kid and still is to this day. What can be better! I want to Thank You all for your continued support and in return I will continue to support our GA family and post my love story of aviation.    

• Like 4

It is a lot of work to edit videos and expensive to maintain/buy the equipment to make the videos quality better. I started this channel because a lot of students would walk across the taxiway and check out my MooneyM20C Ranger in the hangar. They seemed excited but then seemed to want to quite when they are almost ready for their check ride.  And most of them did after spending tons of money.  So I started my channel to help inspire other in good old General Aviation.  Without GA there in is no aviation.  Since it was my childhood dream and made it a reality I had to do something to help grow our small family.  I almost lost my dream because of personal issues that I somehow had the courage to share with the world on my channel. Only because the E-mails I receive with people going through the same issues. Some sponsors came about because I asked them to tell me about their products. I wanted to do a lot of research before making a $$$ decision. In return I can share it with mooneyspace and followers on Youtube and Facebook to maybe help them with their decision process.  After the sponsors did their own research on me and checked out my channel and Facebook page they decided to help me out a little.  If I did not believe in their product I would not have bought it.  So now I am continue to show how much I care about our GA family in hopes to share my love for aviation and ideas about panels and of course Mooneys. My favorite airplane as a kid and still is to this day. What can be better! I want to Thank You all for your continued support and in return I will continue to support our GA family and post my love story of aviation.    
I'm truly glad you're making the dream a reality!

6 hours ago, NJMac said:

Parker Woodruff pays a little extra to be listed as a Sponsor, because he earns income from MooneySpace.  That doesn't sound unreasonable to me, either.

• Like 1

Going forwards...

1) Expect stress levels to rise...

2) Nobody likes being locked in...

3) Nobody likes being ill...

4) Nobody likes being unemployed...

5) Nobody likes having 1/3 of their life savings lopped off...

... And I thought a stress riser was something more simple than that...  :)

6) The key thing about being an established aviation gentleperson...   they know when to put the keyboard down... late on fridays and Saturdays, often...

7) Around here... most people are pretty well known... using your real name or not...

8) Don’t get wound too tight... most of us are challenged by writing exactly what we mean... we are easily mis-understood...

9) It helps to read what you wrote before going to the next topic...

10) When you read something that isn’t quite right... let it go at first... count to 10... ask a question like... ‘did you mean that to mean this...?

11) being from all over the world... we all say the same thing in different ways... it can be hard to recognize as some things take on different meanings...

12) As for commercial activities... there are plenty around here... and many levels of supplying support... and putting the product in the right place...

13) A few are approved vendors...   seek out @mooniac58 for details... Craig is our Webmaster....

14) Others... Just supply fantastic support to the community... ever post a pic and ask what this is? And get a response with a drawing and a part number? Or a whole explanation...

15) You know you are supplying support to the community... when everyone knows your name... where you are... and how to find you...

16) while you are doing a great job... expect somebody to still mis-understand what and why you are doing it...  

17) it often helps to explain what you are doing, why you are doing it, what’s your upside?, what is in it for the community?

18) I have watched most of the pilot101 videos... as they came across...   unlike many of the videos we have been disappointed by... these artfully include shortened versions of proper use of checklists, and pre-flight Activities...

19) Being part of the community... is a two way street. Add something to the conversation, take something from the conversation... try not to poison the conversation...

20) Plenty of challenges ahead... let’s continue to work together... Live and let live... 

Consider putting signature information on the signature line.   All kinds of info can be stored there... click on your avatar to find it...

If you are only using a small screen... some of the coolest details are hard to know they even exist...

Best regards,

-a-

i don’t use the signature line...

every post gets signed... individually.

It is a QC step...

If it didn’t get signed... I didn’t finish it...   :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jamesm said:

I notice that your top cowl has louvers on top of the cowl. 

I wonder how effective they are ?   why on the top?

Just curious ?

James '67C

Where are you seeing the louvers?

i zipped through the video... but didn’t see any.

An M20C has a doghouse for controlling airflow through the cylinders...

So any louvers on top isn’t going to be very helpful...

Are you by chance seeing the panel access openings?

Not everyone gets those.

Best regards,

-a-

6 minutes ago, jamesm said:

it is about 2:23 in the video.

I would think near the top that it wouldn't be very effective.

I see on some of the  Bonanza  and Cessna 180,182 210 the louver are much lower.

I guess I could be some sort of panel / door but seems to low.

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 10.02.00 AM.png

Looks like that could be the lower cowl, inverted...?

I don’t recognize the louvers or the other access panel in the pic...

Compared to my ancient memory of my M20C...

Either way, they will be allowing air to escape from that area of the cowl...

Best regards,

-a-

We can always ask @PilotFun101 hey... what are those?  :)

33 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Looks like that could be the lower cowl, inverted...?

I don’t recognize the louvers or the other access panel in the pic...

Compared to my ancient memory of my M20C...

Either way, they will be allowing air to escape from that area of the cowl...

Best regards,

-a-

We can always ask @PilotFun101 hey... what are those?  :)

Hey guys.. 

That is not my cowling.  That goes to the twin that they are working on next to my Mooney.  I don't have any louvers on my cowling. @carusoam @jamesm

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, jamesm said:

I  have been looking for a way to increase my cowl exit area. though I haven't seen any carbureted Mooney cowl with side louvers.   I thought you might have solve problem.

I hear you for sure.