MS Dog of the Year Competition

Stephen

I am hereby submitting my entry for the (completely contrived - by me) MooneySpace dog of the year contest. My entry is my daughter's dog "Juniper." Here qualifications are as experienced Mooney flight crew, she has Mooney Zoom (throw her tennis ball and all will become clear),  and this:

2146255467_ScreenShot2020-03-19at12_25_56PM.thumb.png.2cad34d0ec0e89291caab3261bb8cdb8.png

@bonal, Juniper saw your posting of St. Bernards in the TP thread figured she wouldn't be out-done. ;)

• Like 7

Just now, Stephen said:

I am hereby submitting my entry for the (completely contrived - by me) MooneySpace dog of the year contest. My entry is my daughter's dog "Juniper." Here qualifications are as experienced Mooney flight crew, she has Mooney Zoom (throw her tennis ball and all will become clear),  and this:

2146255467_ScreenShot2020-03-19at12_25_56PM.thumb.png.2cad34d0ec0e89291caab3261bb8cdb8.png

Adorable.  :wub:

• Like 4

Oh come-on?!  I mean those dogs are very cute.

But where's the Mooney?

When I hit this click bait I figured I would see a dog flying a Mooney.

IFR

Right seat.

Solo.

Dead stick.

In the mountains.

In a thunderstorm.

At night.

In ice.

GPS inop.

Vacuum failure.

With one paw tied behind his back.

And a scarf, aviator goggles and leather hat.  Looking cool as a pup.

Chasing a ball?  That's all?!  I'm truly disappointed even if they are very cute.

• Like 5

But where's the Mooney?

My dog prefers sitting in the back of my 67 M20F with her mutt muffs and harness on.

4023fe39e4d30d6bdaab208bc0437e41.mov8097b4182225c68522d91c5953bc8cd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, aviatoreb said:

But where's the Mooney?

IFR

Right seat.

Solo.

Dead stick.

In the mountains.

In a thunderstorm.

At night.

In ice.

GPS inop.

Vacuum failure.

Chasing a ball?  That's all?!  I'm truly disappointed even if they are very cute.

I think @neilpilot has you covered for some of that list...with that look of concentration he must be flying a low approach!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aviatoreb said:

But where's the Mooney?

IFR

Right seat.

Solo.

Dead stick.

In the mountains.

In a thunderstorm.

At night.

In ice.

GPS inop.

Vacuum failure.

Neil got close.  But I’m concerned hypoxia made Yogi drowsy.  He’s actually resting on the yoke.  Or, he needed that much aileron hold due to the W&B differences from the right to left seats. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, neilpilot said:

Now that I'm Mooneyless, Yogi can't enter the DOY competition.  Here he is on his return flight from the 2014 MAPA Homecoming at Kerrville.

Prairie Hill-20140413-00190.jpg

I think he is allowed. He obviously has some skills. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I think he is allowed. He obviously has some skills. 

Now there's the winner!  IFR - check!  Right seat?  Check!  Deadstick, in the mountains, at night, in ice, gps and vacuum inop?  I will take your word on it -' but that dog is taking this whole thin in strive and doesn't look a wee bit nervous even.  In fact she looks down right bored!  Maybe you should give her some good reading like a nice POH?

I love this a hundred different ways.... of course Mooney Lucas Aviation Puppy has to be in consideration....  400 hours in the Mooney, only thrown up once in the airplane [and considering the company I was keeping, I should have too]. Always greets folks with a smile [at Oceano Airport or any other event we are at] and is an all around good guy. 

IMG_2225.thumb.jpg.c2233d4f3d160dc112d781eacc697775.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Now there's the winner!  IFR - check!  Right seat?  Check!  Deadstick, in the mountains, at night, in ice, gps and vacuum inop?  I will take your word on it -' but that dog is taking this whole thin in strive and doesn't look a wee bit nervous even.  In fact she looks down right bored!  Maybe you should give her some good reading like a nice POH?
How could you declare a winner before I post photos of my oldest dog protecting my Zulu Pi Baby? efa2b833dbf4cacab7cde01d55a9a3e7.jpg805a46c9b687e43420f7755c5ee7c9a2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 8