JPI Shut down due to Covid-19

GLJA

If anyone is waiting for their EDM from JPI, you'll be waiting longer. I have a unit sent there for a reconfig, and just got news that they're closed down until at least April 1, due to Orange County placing a "necessary work order" only on the county. 

Faaaaaaaantastic. Might have to slum it with a Comanche owner to get some flight hours in or something. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, GLJA said:

If anyone is waiting for their EDM from JPI, you'll be waiting longer. I have a unit sent there for a reconfig, and just got news that they're closed down until at least April 1, due to Orange County placing a "necessary work order" only on the county. 

Faaaaaaaantastic. Might have to slum it with a Comanche owner to get some flight hours in or something. 

I just talked to them yesterday, hopefully mine made it out.  They said it was shipping yesterday, today at the latest 

Just now, Niko182 said:

LA and OC are pretty much shutdown, but the majority of people don't seem to understand that. A lot of people still going out.

I saw they reissued the statement and said "oops, we didn't mean business are supposed to close."  They being orange county

Edited by ragedracer1977

43 minutes ago, Niko182 said:

LA and OC are pretty much shutdown, but the majority of people don't seem to understand that. A lot of people still going out.

47 minutes ago, ragedracer1977 said:

I saw they reissued the statement and said "oops, we didn't mean business are supposed to close."  They being orange county

Yes, there is a lot of conflicting/confusing information coming out from the powers that be here in Orange County. They initially put out a notice yesterday that was very confusing on what businesses could and could not stay open. It was a brief statement followed by four pages of businesses that were exempt from closing. That came out at 2:26pm. They followed that up with an order at 6:51pm clarifying that all businesses, except bars and dine-in were to remain open. Order #7 was the initial which is still the one that is on their website. Order #8 is the clarification which has not made it to their website but was available through the county health twitter feed as well as the City of Anaheim twitter feed. If interested, take a look at how confusing #7 was which launched everyone into the "OC is locked down" mode.

EOC Press Release #7 - Public Health Order.pdf EOC-Press-Release-8-Public-Health-Order-Clarification-FINAL.pdf

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

56 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

Yes, there is a lot of conflicting/confusing information coming out from the powers that be here in Orange County. They initially put out a notice yesterday that was very confusing on what businesses could and could not stay open. It was a brief statement followed by four pages of businesses that were exempt from closing. That came out at 2:26pm. They followed that up with an order at 6:51pm clarifying that all businesses, except bars and dine-in were to remain open. Order #7 was the initial which is still the one that is on their website. Order #8 is the clarification which has not made it to their website but was available through the county health twitter feed as well as the City of Anaheim twitter feed. If interested, take a look at how confusing #7 was which launched everyone into the "OC is locked down" mode.

EOC Press Release #7 - Public Health Order.pdf 233.27 kB · 1 download EOC-Press-Release-8-Public-Health-Order-Clarification-FINAL.pdf 48.86 kB · 2 downloads

Here’s hoping they figure it out. My EDM is

literally the next one to get fixed. I’m dying here. 

9 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

It's hard to get them to pick up the phone on a day that they're open.

Well, let’s go through my phone call trials yesterday:

7:55 AM Called. No answer. VM says they open at 8

8:02-8:07 all calls to toll free line never get connected, guessing due to call volume. 
8:08 get through. Ask for service. “You are #1 in the queue. Listen to bad elevator music for 3 minutes. Phone disconnects. 
8:12-8:15 can’t get through on line again

8:16. Get through. Say I was disconnected.  Person says they’re having phone issues. Tries again to put me through to service. Caller #3 now. Same elevator music. Disconnected again. 
8:26 call and say I’ve been disconnected twice. She tells me that it’s because the service guy is in Texas and the app he’s using isn’t working properly to connect calls. I tell her that a guy in Texas isn’t going to help me with my EDM in California, and the status of it. She tells me “oh that’s a different department”. Transfers me. 
8:29 speak with a woman who tells me about the potential shutdown at noon. Takes my number and says she will let me know. 
11:43 woman calls back, apologetic that they won’t get to my EDM, and they’re closed until April 1. F—- me........

I’ll try today and hope someone answers. Everything I’ve read states that the business shut downs were a mistake.

Stay Tuned. 
Note: might download Kazaa app and see if I can get the soundtrack for their on hold music. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, GLJA said:

Note: might download Kazaa app and see if I can get the soundtrack for their on hold music. 

Their on-hold phone music is considered cruel and unusual punishment in most civilized countries. If I had to listen to it more than 10 minutes I would confess to anything just to make them stop playing it.

29 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

Which proves that their customer service is much better when they are closed . .  lol

I shouldn’t be laughing. 
customer service isn’t currently returning my EDM900..... although she does sound hot and flirtatious on the voice recording. 

• Haha 1

I like JPI Products and had owned them in every airplane since 1996, but a recent experience showed that they are understaffed, overwhelmed, etc.

It took weeks to find out that they had lost a JPI930 which I sent in to be re-stc'd which I am planning on installing on my M20M. After begging them to finish mine, they finally sent me the wrong one and in the process lost mine. It was a lot of phone calls and frustration,  but in the end they did the right thing and took care of me, so I'd probably still give them another chance.

21 hours ago, GLJA said:

Just got the voice mail saying they're closed until April 1  

Not surprised, I know of a few dealerships that are completely closing until April 1st. They made that decision prior to the governor's announcement last night, even though the Parts/Service side is included in the "essential business" category that is allowed to remain open.

3 hours ago, Skates97 said:

Not surprised, I know of a few dealerships that are completely closing until April 1st. They made that decision prior to the governor's announcement last night, even though the Parts/Service side is included in the "essential business" category that is allowed to remain open.

On that note, LASAR is still open. That just cost me more on speed mods.