Mooney Transition Training & Delivery

Hello All,

I am the proud new owner of a 2005 GX Bravo and am looking for a local CFI or CFII to help me in my transition training in the aircraft. It is located on the west coast of FL (Punta Gorda) and will be hangered at Tampa Executive Airport. Any contacts or references would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!!

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2020 at 1:52 AM, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Brie.

If Mike isn’t available we have another list of other CFIIs around the country that can help with your project...

Best regards,

-a-

Carusoam,

I am curious about the list you mentioned here.  Do you mind sharing contacts for North Florida and Louisiana please? Thank you in advance.

Jay

@SharkBait,

Because I don’t know all of the Mooney CFIs yet....

The MooneyFlyer page... can be found here... 

https://themooneyflyer.com/cfi.html

But I do have a favorite Mooney CFI in the Florida panhandle...   find Mike Elliot for that area...

For Mikes contact info send a pm to @mike_elliott... (click on the blue box to get started, or just wait, he may come through...)

Mike not only is a great CFII, but he is also great at organizing aviation safety event like Mooney Summit...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 3/19/2020 at 2:52 AM, carusoam said:

If Mike isn’t available we have another list of other CFIIs around the country that can help with your project...

What about a list of A&P's that are willing to do pre-buys? I'm a certified A&P but work mainly on wide-bodies and wouldnt trust myself to do the pre-buy on my own Mooney coming home. Will also need a CFII for the transition training depending on where the final aircraft will be brought from(TBD).

Would like to be ahead of the curve when the next opportunity pops up and be ready to go as airplanes have been snatched up quite quickly as of late

Many Thanks

3 hours ago, avtech72 said:

What about a list of A&P's that are willing to do pre-buys? I'm a certified A&P but work mainly on wide-bodies and wouldnt trust myself to do the pre-buy on my own Mooney coming home. Will also need a CFII for the transition training depending on where the final aircraft will be brought from(TBD).

Would like to be ahead of the curve when the next opportunity pops up and be ready to go as airplanes have been snatched up quite quickly as of late

Many Thanks

For that, it starts out with... where is the plane currently at..?

There are MSers in every state... willing to mention who they use for their annuals...

Getting a mechanic that is Mooney Savvy, and didn’t do the last annual on the plane... is a good choice.

There is a list that is kept by Mooney... find their website, find where they have the list of service centers...   They are not all the same quality... unfortunately...

Best regards,

-a-

On 4/29/2021 at 9:41 PM, carusoam said:

For that, it starts out with... where is the plane currently at..?

In Ocala,FL

Looking for an IA to do the pre-buy and if all goes well to sign it off as an annual as the plane hasn't had one in quite some time

20 hours ago, avtech72 said:

In Ocala,FL

Looking for an IA to do the pre-buy and if all goes well to sign it off as an annual as the plane hasn't had one in quite some time

If the plane has been sitting, and out of annual for a while, expect the PPI to find lots of stuff, and the annual to be more than a simple sign off.

20 hours ago, fantom said:

If the plane has been sitting, and out of annual for a while, expect the PPI to find lots of stuff, and the annual to be more than a simple sign off.

Yes fair enough, currently I am looking to steer clear if possible, even though its with a STEEP discount.. generally the consesous is to find best bird thats currently flying, better than a hangar queen i suppose..

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2020 at 2:52 AM, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Brie.

Best regards,

-a-

cam I be provided some CFI contact in the Ft Lauderdale, Hollywood area.

• Like 1