Part source for stabilizer rubber trim ?

ArtVandelay

it kind of seems similar to the edging that goes around the edges of the plastic trim panels.   The interesting thing is that it seems like you would have to unrivet the whole vert and horz assembly to replace it.

If selecting an extruded U shape off the shelf... be looking for something that was designed (chemically stabilized for UV protection) for exterior use...

My 65C had some form of rubber that was completely eroded and eaten away before it got painted over....

It looked like it was locked in place by riveted parts... but check twice on that detail... that would not be the usual standard of Mooney... 

PP thoughts only...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
I heard it is hard to replace it. Did anyone tried and have tips that will make the work easier?

Yes, take out your wallet and give an AP your credit card, come back the next day and it will be done. ;-)
I ended up letting my paint guy handle it. The front part is easy, the part that’s flush with the vertical stabilizer looked impossible, they said the factory probably install it before assembly. In the end they sealed it with tank sealant (PRC) I think.

99d13b70c85e6530aabbe59cbd7836ef.jpg
  • Like 1