Now is a Great Time to Self Quarantine

GeeBee

Clearly you are right but it is not what I had been guessing to see.  Especially into JFK for example that is in NYC that is in lock down.  So I don't understand what that means.  Are people, any people, still going to the airport, checking in, going to tsa, etc?
Or are maybe a lot of new flights moving emergency personal and equipment?
E

Bunch of New Yorkers leaving town for Florida. Number of flight from NY to Florida has doubled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hector said:

Bunch of New Yorkers leaving town for Florida. Number of flight from NY to Florida has doubled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Communities on the Eastern shore are asking people with second homes In those communities not to quarantine at those homes. They don’t have the resources to handle an outbreak caused by migration out of the cities.

Edited by Shadrach
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, MooneyMitch said:

Just a thought........ other jet aircraft flying are FedEx, UPS, USPS contractors, private jets, etc.  Wouldn’t those be a part of the mix  with minimal slow down of service?

Private and charter jet ops have taken a big hit. Not a lot of traveling going on. One exception is my hangar neighbor, Martin’s Famous Pastry Shoppe (the potato roll makers). They have been operating the CJ, a Beech jet and two C441s pretty regularly between plants. Apparently potato bread is in high demand during natural disasters!  Thankfully we’re all stocked up!

Edited by Shadrach

I've always wondered why Long Islanders switch up the “A” and “R” sounds. I’d like a glass of water with my pasta becomes, I'd like a glass of “Wat-ah” with my “Past-er”.   Weird stuff.

That’s nothing compared to New England. “Did you drive faah in your caaah, Brend-er?”
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, N9201A said:

That’s nothing compared to New England. “Did you drive faah in your caaah, Brend-er?”

Oh brother - and we just learned last night (college admissions day) that my son will be going to university in the great state of Rhode Island, the epicenter of strange New England accents.  I hope his speech pattens survive the experience during these his formative university years to come.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Oh brother - and we just learned last night (college admissions day) that my son will be going to university in the great state of Rhode Island, the epicenter of strange New England accents.  I hope his speech pattens survive the experience during these his formative university years to come.

Yeaaaahh---good luck wi' that!  :unsure:

Several of my wife's cousins went there. But they grew up in Mass, I really couldn't tell much difference when I met then at the beach in NC.

Edited by Hank
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank said:

Yeaaaahh---good luck wi' that!  :unsure:

Several of my wife's cousins went there. But they grew up in Mass, I really couldn't tell much difference when I met then at the beach in NC.

Well a Boston "Southie" has a very special sound.  But Rhode Island.....Let's just say its wicked on steroids.  

REALLY? PM me...I did and can provide coaching. Learn what is a “cabinet” (pronounced cab-nit) and a grinder (vocalized as “grine-duhr”).

It’s a different world than most. Beautiful place though.

REALLY? PM me...I did and can provide coaching. Learn what is a “cabinet” (pronounced cab-nit) and a grinder (vocalized as “grine-duhr”).

I gutta wosh the cah...

gunna have Sanker with ya breakfrist?

ya clothes go in the draw ova theya...

Bon in Buffalo, and moved to the Bahston area early on...

Buffalo has a ruf over ya head... and they drink Oranch Soder....  blended Boston and Buffalo...

Conservation of Rs...

Boston drops Rs off of many words... harba, neighba, teacha, flya... my favorite child... my dotta 

Then adds them back in places they didn’t naturally belong... breakfrist, Sankar, Drawrings....

By the time I got to NJ... they give options...

Are you going down the shore, or no?

Didja take the parkway, or no?

As a young sales guy... I wanted to fit in at first, so people can get to know me... once they know you are there to help... things can be a lot more fun...

:)

-a-

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, N9201A said:

Dude I’m married to that funny accent!  You should hear my wife order a grindah!  Or a hut dhug (hot dog).  But I’ll pm ya anyway!

Edited by aviatoreb