Now is a Great Time to Self Quarantine

GeeBee

14 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

Lets go down the boozer if we are being totally cockney correct.  But yes it is down The Pub.  But they normally mention the name of the pub, ie lets meet at The Coach and Horses at 6:30 etc. 

... I knew it!  So its THE Pub or THE Coach etc because that's where English priorities lie - but university, hospital, whatever, too busy to say THE and don't bother with the name.  I mean you don't say I'm heading over to the University. Or I am heading over to THE Oxford.  But you say I'm heading over to the Pub or The Coach or the horses, or the boozer.

Ok, now that this is settled.  So what's on tap?

6 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

No more complicated than that, so calm down dear its only a commercial (look it up). Ill try and explain.  

So....  Im off to Uni, off down the pub, off to the hospital.  But......do you want to go to university (ie not a specific one), do you want to go to Hospital, again not specific.  And just to confuse you even more Shall we go to The Hospital....ah English a lovely language that is soo bloody confusing.

BUT Oxford University, Cambridge Uni etc, are different because they are towns/cities, so you dont say shall we go to The Washington, hence we dont say The Oxford University, we say shall we go to Oxford University.  

Not to be morbid, but I just came across this Instagram written a few days ago by a celebrity chef who succombed to COVID today.

image.png.3b33c5712c1528784af6344dae74aa37.png

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

No more complicated than that, so calm down dear its only a commercial (look it up). Ill try and explain.  

So....  Im off to Uni, off down the pub, off to the hospital.  But......do you want to go to university (ie not a specific one), do you want to go to Hospital, again not specific.  And just to confuse you even more Shall we go to The Hospital....ah English a lovely language that is soo bloody confusing.

BUT Oxford University, Cambridge Uni etc, are different because they are towns/cities, so you dont say shall we go to The Washington, hence we dont say The Oxford University, we say shall we go to Oxford University.  

Darned typing - makes you think if I capitalize I am angry.  I am just goofing around.

How about going to THE Imperial College?

or to THE University of Surrey.  Actually...hmmmm...that one works.  Now I am utterly confused and I won't be able to sleep tonight.

E

So with Denver and surrounding counties under shelter in place orders, the airport is deemed essential and is still up and functioning pretty normally. So I took a mental health day and went out to the hangar just to tinker on stuff. From some parts I had laying around, I rigged up a yaggi antenna to poach some wifi from the FBO. It was a good project. I didn't get within 6 feet of anyone. But it felt good to be accomplishing something even if it wasn't important.

IMG_4049.thumb.jpeg.bdd84d9e25fe4ad59964ce92b67e5b9d.jpegIMG_4050.thumb.jpeg.e56d21bf8c9f9db4b5e9727e9643be83.jpeg

6 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

So the virus....... with flu you infect 1.3-1.4 people, with covid-19 you infect  3 people before you show symptoms, they then go on to infect 3 further people, etc etc.  This little bastard, and thats my name for it having had it, can be quite mild, but it doesn't always do that, if it doesn't you require Hospital treatment, in most countries thats ok, its free.......you know where im going.....in yours it isnt, so people who have been laid off will no longer have cover,  so if they get this badly will probably die.  You like most countries have a limited number of ventilators and this little bastard causes respiratory distress and failure, so ventilators are the limited resource, provided you have finance of course.  Thats why we have to ALL reduce our exposure to other people so that the amount of ventilators can go around and people can survive.  Sod the economy, we dont actually need it as Russia showed.  It is only our greed that requires us to want an economy.  We could go back to a barter system.  (Mooney owners obviously would still get everything given to them)

Now on a more serious note, has anyone thought of 9 months from now....omg the BABIES will popping out everywhere.

Or the divorces!

Clarence

38 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

Back on the East Coast they stand "on line" and out here in the West they stand "in line." Of course I think Southern California is the only place that refers to freeways with "the," as in driving "the 91" or "the 5".

I live in Maryland and I have never stood “on line” nor has anyone I know.

12 minutes ago, Shadrach said:

I live in Maryland and I have never stood “on line” nor has anyone I know.

I've lived in GA, SC, NC, VA, WV, OH and AL, and have also never stood "on line." We-u 's stand in line!

3 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Ok let’s get serious:

Tomato or tomaaaaato?

6 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Hot tub.....aka MRSA pit. Out of the fire into the frying pan.

From CDC publication: (We keep our hot tub at 106F and properly chlorinated )

Can MRSA be spread at recreational water facilities?
MRSA does not survive long in pools and other treated swimming places (for example, hot tubs/spas) that have proper disinfectant (chlorine) and pH levels. There have been no reports of MRSA spreading through contact with recreational water.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Yeah with everyone working from home.... with all the kids underfoot full time... I think there might be a run on vasectomies in the next few months, rather than more kids.

Yeah, if I see my wife with a pair of scissors in her hand....:o

• Haha 1

Most "soda water" is brought to the store by a "transfer truck". Now I'm "fix'n to "carry" my wife to that same store.

I'm a Californian, but I married a Southern Belle 5 years ago. I've learned to speak southern out of necessity. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Shadrach said:

Things have changed. When I lived in Texas everything was “soda water”.

...what happened to the good old days of "pop".  I'll have a pop.

And in other parts, everything is a "coke".  Even fizzy lemonade is a coke.

Edited by aviatoreb

23 hours ago, Marauder said:

That graph is showing the onset not necessarily the number of actual cases (look at the footnote).

When HCPs talk about the “curve”, they are looking at the confirmed cases. Those are known cases and have nothing to do with mortality.

Here is China’s curve:

151a5e98d2f5e0688b373b29f1fc1fd6.jpg

I’d say we still have a ways to go to flatten the U.S. curve:

5f70342fe5faaba409acbfa1807e497d.jpg

Data is from 9:46 AM EST today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I believe that spike is coincident with when China changed the parameters to include CT findings.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 9:35 AM, ragedracer1977 said:

This is an interesting chart from the CDC.  Have we already passed the peak?? 

Screenshot_20200325-063155_Chrome.jpg

All outpatient / community screening in NC stopped.  The only ones that will be confirmed are those that make it into the health care system and are reported as probable based on symptoms or those who are tested in hospital.

The only reason they are testing in hospital is to be able to conserve PPE by finding negatives.

The test, trace and isolate approach is dead in the water.  I'd look at ILI reporting as a substitute if testing is abandoned.  The truest statistic will be death.