Now is a Great Time to Self Quarantine

GeeBee

I have discovered now is the time to go to the hangar and get all those pesky jobs done on the Mooney. In the hangar you are pretty much in isolation and can get a lot of work done on your airplane since everyone is into "social distancing".. I highly recommend you take the opportunity to "self quarantine" yourself to your hangar. After this is over our airplanes will be awesome!

• Like 17

I have discovered now is the time to go to the hangar and get all those pesky jobs done on the Mooney. In the hangar you are pretty much in isolation and can get a lot of work done on your airplane since everyone is into "social distancing".. I highly recommend you take the opportunity to "self quarantine" yourself to your hangar. After this is over our airplanes will be awesome!

I've got parts arriving Saturday morning (tomorrow) from Aircraft Spruce so I can do that very thing. Bye bye people, hello squawk list!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Actually you can self quarantine yourself at 10,000 ft in a little Mooney since there in the sky at least 2 miles away from the nearest human at 200kts seems like a pretty responsible interpretation of the phrase good social distancing to me.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Actually you can self quarantine yourself at 10,000 ft in a little Mooney since there in the sky at least 2 miles away from the nearest human at 200kts seems like a pretty responsible interpretation of the phrase good social distancing to me.

FL200 is even better. 10K above and 10K below traffic free :D

• Like 8

4 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Hell of an idea.

Think I will put your recommendation into Motion in the Morning 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, GeeBee said:

My thoughts exactly!  I started that Friday evening- replaced a bad cable between my transponder and Stratus.  This weekend's project is to touch-up paint the screw heads around the new windows we've put in over the last year.   Bliss.

• Like 1

Just now, Hyett6420 said:

Yep im having a refueling probe fitted to AL, so the RAF can keep me fuelled up.  

Is RAF aerial refueling the English method  in this era of social distancing rather than get close to human refueling people on the ground and risk their germs?

So your response when the Falklands is attacked again, now is to nuke Buenos Aires?

When Putin decides to re-aquire the Baltics is to do what? How many aircraft will you send and how will you refuel them? You see refueling gives you a huge tactical advantage and that is combat payload and stay on station. You are not going to fly from the UK to the Baltics with a full combat payload nor will you be able to loiter/engage enemy aircraft.

Let me however give you a more realistic scenario. The Iranians begin attacking UK flagged ships and tankers. How many aircraft can you sortie? Sure you can send a war ship or two but where is their air cover? Or the Chinese attack a US ship in the South China sea and Article 5 is invoked. How many?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, GeeBee said:

So your response when the Falklands is attacked again, now is to nuke Buenos Aires?

When Putin decides to re-aquire the Baltics is to do what? How many aircraft will you send and how will you refuel them? You see refueling gives you a huge tactical advantage and that is combat payload and stay on station. You are not going to fly from the UK to the Baltics with a full combat payload nor will you be able to loiter/engage enemy aircraft.

Let me however give you a more realistic scenario. The Iranians begin attacking UK flagged ships and tankers. How many aircraft can you sortie? Sure you can send a war ship or two but where is their air cover? Or the Chinese attack a US ship in the South China sea and Article 5 is invoked. How many?

I have flown combat missions with the RAF.  What they lack in numbers or funding is more than made up for in the airmanship, cunning and bravery of their pilots.  The can-do attitude of many RAF pilots is something most air forces only dream of.

While their equipment is at times outdated or numbers are lacking, they generally find a way to get the job done.

Theres a quote from an RAF air to ground  pilot working his 4 ship deconfliction with a US large force mission commander that I’ll never forget:

Msn CC - “We have 3 4 ships of strikers and 2 bombers on these routes we need you to deconflict from.”

RAF Pilot - “what altitude are they at?”

Msn CC - “All will be down low at 500 feet”

RAF Pilot - “No problem, we’ll be well below that.”

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

The sun is shining today here on the central coast of California.  I'm going to isolate myself in my Mooney cockpit for about an hour or so, observing the beautiful fresh earthly greenery sprouting from all of the :)wonderful recent rain...............happy day to all.

• Like 2