Becoming infirm? "Bolster up"!

rogerl

1 hour ago, chriscalandro said:

You got a burn cert for that?

References provided for a reason:

Confor Foam meets FAR 25.853, FAR 25.855, and CAL 117 burn specifications making it excellent for certified aircraft or homebuilts.

Edited by rogerl
  • Like 3

Are the blue and green different densities?  I have the exact same seat color, but leather is worn and the bolsters on one side are collapsed flat.  I am also going to try the rub and restore leather repair stain.  Hoping to find somebody else who has already done it.

15 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

You got a burn cert for that?

My seats aren't bad, but I like comfortable things.

If the foam in your seats are on fire and you are still there, you have bigger things to worry about  and CAR 3.

That said the car upholster guy suggested Jute Padding for building up the bolsters.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2020 at 1:01 PM, chriscalandro said:

If I have bigger things to worry about the last thing I want on my mind is that my seats are on fire!

I possibly was not graphic enough.   Let me try again.   If the fire has burned though the aluminum seat pan or the leather outer cover and is now burning the seat foam and you are still in the seat, you are probably dead from all the surrounding things on fire or blunt force trauma.

On 3/8/2020 at 1:01 PM, chriscalandro said:

If I have bigger things to worry about the last thing I want on my mind is that my seats are on fire!

Relax. Your pants will catch on fire before the seat covers . . . . . Or do you wear a nomex suit every time you get in the plane?