Henderson Executive Airport

RedSkyFlyer

• 2 months later...

Sorry team been a whole since I logged in... @kerry @carusoam @ilovecornfields^So had an amazing tour of the canyon in a recycled coke bottle (SR22T), great viablilty for the occasion but it confirmed my love of Mooney. 

Today, my wife and I had another very interesting experience, emergency landing in a 1000ft field after the baggage hatch blow out the back of our model K and got trapped on the elevator.  Not fun. Yet to be seen whether it was the hinge failing or the bolt pinging out. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wow! No clickbait on that video. Way to go getting it down safely. Looks like a good (if not great!) landing.

I really liked how you took action immediately, flew the plane, declared right away and kept control all the way through. People have crashed their planes for lesser problems than that. You earned yourself a drink tonight!!

When I had the baggage door pop open on takeoff (I lock it now right before I get it) it stayed attached and I remember thinking “the ANR must be broken because it’s really loud in here!” The  tower told me they thought something came off the plane (it didn’t but that certainly got my attention).

I remember several thoughts going through my mind (including “I wonder if I can just turn the autopilot on and reach back there and close it.”) but my better sense prevailed and I just kept it slow, flew a normal pattern and told myself about 20 times “don’t stall. Put the gear down.”

Whenever you share something like this there will doubtlessly be those who question your actions but you made it down safely and walked away so I consider it a win!

Thanks for sharing.