Aspen Avionics Operator Advisory

Good Afternoon all, 

The document link below contain an urgent request to inform your customers of a potential for a reset event with the MAX EFD1000 and E5 systems.  The documents describe the extent of the issue, recommended action for operators, and Aspen's steps to correct the issue.

Please know that our ONLY priority is the safety of our customers. Please reach out to me if you have any questions and for further updates.

• Like 1

If Aspen knows that systems manufactured after a certain date (Jan 16, 2020) are not susceptible then it would follow that Aspen knows what changed and thus the cause, no?  Or did "everything" change mid-January and you're still looking for that needle in the haystack?

Not meaning to give you a hard time, and thank you for being here with us.

39 minutes ago, BaldEagle said:

@Andy SmithIs there any way I can find out what the manufacture date is?  Mine is a legacy upgraded to Max, which was shipped back to me on 2/11, so that falls within the Jan 16 date range.  Would be really helpful to know if mine is affected or not.

As of right now this is all the information that I have: 

For those systems that are determined to be susceptible to a reset, Aspen will keep your dealer informed regarding progress and will correct the condition as quickly as possible. 

@Andy Smith

Hi Andy,

I have an upcoming avionics update, which includes an E5.  On BT you mentioned that Aspen isn't shipping any units until the issue is solved.  I can't find this info back in the official statement.  Can you confirm this is true ?  If my dealer places his order now he won't get a confirmation ?

Thank you

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 3:36 PM, Airways said:

@Andy Smith

Hi Andy,

I have an upcoming avionics update, which includes an E5.  On BT you mentioned that Aspen isn't shipping any units until the issue is solved.  I can't find this info back in the official statement.  Can you confirm this is true ?  If my dealer places his order now he won't get a confirmation ?

Thank you

There should be a way for end users to know what is or will not ship and what is or is not in stock.  It doesn't seem their dealers know.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Good Evening all, 

Just a quick update on the MAX rebooting solution: 

We have submitted a resolution in regards to the isolated supply chain issues we identified to you a short while ago regarding the ProMAX to the FAA. We are now within the window of approval from the FAA which could take up to 30 days, but we are actively working to get that timeline expedited. Once approved, the change will be a simple field upgradable software change.
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

All, 

The software that addresses the infrequent but potential reset issue of Evolution MAX series displays was released late last week and is available through your local dealers. 

As mentioned in the Operator Advisory, if you have not experienced a reboot, the likelihood that you do is minimal. However, the software upgrade to 2.10.2 is considered MANDATORY and should be done before operating your aircraft outside the guidance of the issued Operator Advisory. 

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us or to your dealer directly. 

Thank you again for the patience through this all. 

• Like 3