Crazy quote

Igor_U

Door strap on my 67F is held by two washers, Mooney p/n 130071-001.

Few years ago I replaced them with plain Stainless washers due to corrosion. Original parts are, I believe, formed with dimple for the Countersunk washer... I randomly had googled (and found) NOS online and send few RFQ  from my work email. This week I got one reply:

Quote was laughable: $2999 each!! :(

I'm sure with that price, they will not sell too many of that.  

Edited by Igor_U
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Greg Ellis said:

Maybe they forgot the decimal point between the 29 and the 99???

I wish:

image.png.5d71646b939f4963773aeb624403e86f.png

FYI,

I am in aerospace business and aware of the manufacturing, design and other costs but they are just out of their mind. I told them so. 

Well when you have to go mine the ore, refine it, get it certified, and show confidence that you have the best product in the world. Therefore these numbers seem legit. Seriously your cruise speed would probably gain at least 20-30knts at that price. Its the little things that add.. Think about it if you bought those they would most certainly create no aerodynamic drag in flight....  

I had the same type of situation for some rawhide p-clamps for work the first quote was $675 and change. Ended up finding them for $16.57 needed 6. Those places are trying to retire off of every sale. Someone somewhere must buy at those prices cause they are still around. 

7 hours ago, Igor_U said:

Door strap on my 67F is held by two washers, Mooney p/n 130071-001.

Few years ago I replaced them with plain Stainless washers due to corrosion. Original parts are, I believe, formed with dimple for the Countersunk washer... I randomly had googled (and found) NOS online and send few RFQ  from my work email. This week I got one reply:

Quote was laughable: $2999 each!! :(

I'm sure with that price, they will not sell too many of that.  

Have you got a picture of the washer?  I can’t find the part number in the IPC 

Clarence

Edit. My wife who does our parts chasing found it at Mooney for $62.24.  Expensive but better than your other quote.

I believe I still have one or two in my hangar (same washers are used for a strap above the windshield where LASAR sun-visors are installed) and will post a picture if I remember this weekend.

I really don't need it as the countersunk washers are installed for years now but I happened to find p/n in IPC (cabin interiors group) and looked it online... 

I think these outrageous prices occur when some automatic process is building a web site, they just scour the web and apply some formulas, mostly incorrectly.

I was looking for some casters, I was thinking about $100 for 4 of them, but luckily I found a bargain....almost $7000....

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 1:14 PM, Igor_U said:

I wish:

image.png.5d71646b939f4963773aeb624403e86f.png

FYI,

I am in aerospace business and aware of the manufacturing, design and other costs but they are just out of their mind. I told them so. 

"We are pleased to quote you the following parts"  I bet you are pleased especially if someone buys them.  Wow!!! :)