Tequila for Established Gentlemen Aviators

This group is obviously lacking tequila knowledge, as the Scotch thread has reached three pages and many named bottles, however, the tequila page has only four or five naned bottles to its credit. 

@gsxrpilot is definately on the right track, and all the other bottles named here are marketing success models. 

As soon as i figure out how to post pictures on here, the tequila knowledge will increase 10fold. 

Edited by Mcstealth
  • Like 2

I got a bottle of anejo extra at Costco a couple of years ago. It was excellent. When I was at the Tequila Expo last year I asked one vendor about it and He pointed across the way and said "He makes it for Costco" It was the same stuff he sold for $80 bottle. The bottle at Costco was $24.

I don't remember what brand it was, probably all the tequila samples.

Google says it is this guy:

http://ftfinos.com/en/about/

Watch the video and you can see the Kirkland bottles run down the production line...

27 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I've always wanted to attend the Tequila Expo in Tijuana. 

I highly recommend it! They recently raised the price to $6 from $4. For this you can literally taste as much tequila as you can hold. And it is some of the finest tequila on the planet. I have never made it to all the booths! There is continuous entertainment on the stage and the food court just keeps getting better. You can get an awesome plate of food for $3! 

30/30 Tequila makes tequila soda pop in cans. You can't get that stuff here. They don't normally bring it but when they see my wife and I they say "We got your soda" and they magically produce two cases! They practically give it to us! I like it and it makes great gifts. Each can is like a beer. The customs people think it is soda and don't even ask about it. If you want some, contact them before the Expo and they will bring it. They are great folks!

You can buy this awesome tequila for about 25% of the normal retail price at the Expo. Most of what is there is not available in the US. They ship the industrial grade here.

There is a law that if you are not a California resident, you can bring a huge amount across the border. You have to print it out, because the customs guys don't know about it. 

If you go, make reservations at Caesar's Av. Revolucion 1059, Zona Centro, 22000 Tijuana. It is a top shelf restaurant so dress nice. The prices will astound you, so eat the best stuff on the menu. 3 years ago we went and the check for 4 of us was $82! This is where the Caesar salad was invented. There was a picture on the wall of Lucy and Ricky sitting at our table...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 2/29/2020 at 10:23 PM, TGreen said:

It's got to be a Reposado or Anejo, right? I'm partial to Clase Azul but there are so many good ones.

If you are making a mixed tequila drink, then the less aged and more "bright" blanco is in order. You don't want the mixer to completely overpower the star ingredients. 

David,

See if you can find...

At the bottom of the writing box...

a paper clip and something that says choose files...

click on the underlined choose files...

It will ask where you are storing your pics...

click on a pick... choose done...

Click Submit reply...

pics will probably show up on a 90° angle...

Somebody usually turns it upright for us...

Try it out... :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mcstealth said:

This group is obviously lacking tequila knowledge, as the Scotch thread has reached three pages and many named bottles, however, the tequila page has only four or five naned bottles to its credit. 

@gsxrpilot is definately on the right track, and all the other bottles named here are marketing success models. 

As soon as i figure out how to post pictures on here, the tequila knowledge will increase 10fold. 

I will still go with my Los Azulejos when I can find it, and a trip to SNF at the end of the month may end up with me going by Total Wine in North Tampa where they reportedly carry it from time to time...

Image result for los azulejos tequila

Of course it may be in the "Skelly" or Picasso" bottle.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2020 at 4:08 PM, Nick Pilotte said:

If that’s from Utah, is it like 6 proof?  

I kid.     

Its actually great whiskey, I tend to spend a bit of time at the distillery up here, highly recommend both, the "Blue Sky Ranch" location is the main location. both have good bars and restaurants. If you can find it look for their "Mid Winters Nights Dram" -- a great whiskey.

BTW in post, I always liked Patron Silver.

Carry on

On 3/8/2020 at 4:06 PM, N201MKTurbo said:

I got a bottle of anejo extra at Costco a couple of years ago. It was excellent. When I was at the Tequila Expo last year I asked one vendor about it and He pointed across the way and said "He makes it for Costco" It was the same stuff he sold for $80 bottle. The bottle at Costco was $24.

I don't remember what brand it was, probably all the tequila samples.

Google says it is this guy:

http://ftfinos.com/en/about/

Watch the video and you can see the Kirkland bottles run down the production line...

How many bottles do you want to sell? Kick and scratch to sell a few hundred bottles to a distributor that may or may not be able to get package stores to buy some of them, or sell thousands and thousands of bottles to Costco and have job security for years?

Tough call if you want to be "exclusive ".

• Like 1

Cazadores Blanco is a very versatile. You can mix this tequila however is very good as a shooter. I keep a bottle in the freezer. Most Blanco's are not for shooting but this tequila is an exception. For this reason it is a top pick to always have on your shelf, and it's comercially available most everywhere. 

15838525906377572212198574292033.jpg

• Thanks 3

How does one transition from simply a gentleman aviator to an established gentleman aviator? And likewise for gentlewoman aviators.

Is this one of those things where I need to meet the World's Most Interesting Man? He lives vicariously through himself.  His blood smells like cologne.   Hi business card simply says, "I'll call you."  He bowls overhanded.  His passport requires no photo.

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

How does one transition from simply a gentleman aviator to an established gentleman aviator? And likewise for gentlewoman aviators.

Is this one of those things where I need to meet the World's Most Interesting Man? He lives vicariously through himself.  His blood smells like cologne.   Hi business card simply says, "I'll call you."  He bowls overhanded.  His passport requires no photo.

It is sort of like being in the CB club: when you are, you are! You know, like all congacs are brandies, but not all brandies are congacs! Get it?!  :)

1 hour ago, Mcstealth said:

It is sort of like being in the CB club: when you are, you are! You know, like all congacs are brandies, but not all brandies are congacs! Get it?!  :)

I get it.

NOW as for CB tequila, I drink generic brand tequila. You know the stuff with a white label and black lettering on the outside that says "TEQUILA".  You buy it in 5 gallon jugs at Sams.  Make a pretty good window cleaner too.  Plus you can de-ice your plane with it.

There - does that get me into the CB-established gentleman's aviator club?

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

I get it.

NOW as for CB tequila, I drink generic brand tequila. You know the stuff with a white label and black lettering on the outside that says "TEQUILA".  You buy it in 5 gallon jugs at Sams.  Make a pretty good window cleaner too.  Plus you can de-ice your plane with it.

There - does that get me into the CB-established gentleman's aviator club?

Now that, was funny!

• Haha 1

I call this next submission an "enhanced " tequila. It has added agave nectar, which takes an already mild Anejo tequila and makes it an exeptional sipping companion. If you can find it, Suavecito is perfect with one ice cube, and a sunset. $50 full retail. 

15840228352835850357873881366557.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is a problem child Respsado. Tenoch, pronounced  te -Noke, is a very good shooting tequila that does not currently have a US distiibuter. I bought the last bottle in Texas a year ago, and I am rationioning my consumption for special occasions. $45 retail, if you can find it. 

15842852884972782084851474246985.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mcstealth said:

Here is a problem child Respsado. Tenoch, pronounced  te -Noke, is a very good shooting tequila that does not currently have a US distiibuter. I bought the last bottle in Texas a year ago, and I am rationioning my consumption for special occasions. $45 retail, if you can find it. 

15842852884972782084851474246985.jpg

https://rancholiquoronline.com/liquor/tequila/reposado/tenoch-reposado-750ml/

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2020 at 9:09 AM, Mcstealth said:

Cazadores Blanco is a very versatile. You can mix this tequila however is very good as a shooter. I keep a bottle in the freezer. Most Blanco's are not for shooting but this tequila is an exception. For this reason it is a top pick to always have on your shelf, and it's comercially available most everywhere. 

2x on the Cazadores - their reposado is even better!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...