Tequila for Established Gentlemen Aviators

13 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

This was delivered by Mooney from Aguascalientes, Mexico.  If you get a chance to try this... as @Unit74 said, you can thank me later. Or if you're in Denver, come by and have a shot.

El-Destilador-L.E.-Anejo-Cristalino-smaller_1080x.jpg.54318709fa1cf5fbe58f881194b8467c.jpg

El Destilador Anejo Cristalino

Or, you could bring it to the Mooney Summit.

Just a thought. ;)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Real men don't let others tell them what to drink.

Real men slap the heads of other men who try to tell them what to drink. Especially after they've started drinking . . . . Maybe I'm prejudiced by spending the first sixteen years of my life in the Marine Corps. 

On 3/2/2020 at 9:42 PM, Hank said:

Real men slap the heads of other men who try to tell them what to drink. Especially after they've started drinking . . . . Maybe I'm prejudiced by spending the first sixteen years of my life in the Marine Corps. 

Semper, Devil.B)

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 9:42 PM, Hank said:

Semper Fi.

And ya know, with all these threads popping up about which drink of choice for aviators, I can't believe Aviation Gin hasn't been mentioned yet.  I was always a gin guy, and bought my first bottle becuase of the name and bottle.  Boy was it good.  Then I learned that Ryan Reynolds is an owner and drives their advertising and started watching that.  The ads are worth a watch just for the entertainment value.  They go well with a gin and tonic.

An established gentleman aviator refrains from tequila because that leads to more potential future aviators..... which diminishes the aviation budget for 18 more years.....at least in my household. 

The above statement is by no means meant to say I discourage future aviators, rather the effect they have on the aviation budget.  

Edited by Nick Pilotte
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nick Pilotte said:

An established gentleman aviator refrains from tequila because that leads to more potential future aviators..... which diminishes the aviation budget for 18 more years.....

I thought that had been bumped up to 26 years and counting???

• Like 1

I’m optimistic our good parenting and hard work ethic will have them out of the house after high school and independent after whatever post-HS education they receive.  

To contribute to this thread, I’m far from a tequila connoisseur but I do enjoy an occasional sip of Patron.

The problem with tequila is to get a bottle that's really drinkable I have to cut fairly deeply into my flying money.  Gotta drink cheap if I want to keep flying.  Of course, if my engine is sporting a crank shaft from Superior Air Parts I think I'm done with aviation altogether.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I actually hacked a really close knock-off of this in my barrels. It is a blend of their rye + rye finished in a Petite Sirah barrel and same finished in a vermouth barrel.... blend it proportionatly and bang. (Was really hard to find on the market for awhile) :D

3 hours ago, steingar said:

Gotta drink cheap if I want to keep flying.  Of course, if my engine is sporting a crank shaft from Superior Air Parts I think I'm done with aviation altogether.

Slow aviators will have to drink 40kts cheap wine (can flip-flop cheap <=> slow, the meaning stays the same :lol: )

wine.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick Pilotte said:

Is it good?  I’d consider it as a gift for some of my pilot friends if it is decent. 

I did not taste it yet, not sure about sun exposure and glacier roots in BC though

Yes indeed, looks very pricey for full case but top for one bottle gift to pilots

31 minutes ago, Ibra said:

I did not taste it yet, not sure about sun exposure and glacier roots in BC though

Yes indeed, looks very pricey for full case but top for one bottle gift to pilots

BC supposedly has a nice micro-climate where the wines produced are similar to those from the Columbia Valley. My nephew live in Kelowna and speaks highly of their wines (but prefers the local craft beer).

• Thanks 1