Alright!!! Ferrari Mooney Comparison

INA201

I have read, contributed, and do believe that the multiple posts comparing Ferrari's hand made cars to our beloved Mooney's do have serious merit.  On the other hand, I have never seen a Mooney video anywhere close to this one, and frankly, wasn't looking for it. We have all talked about Mooney not competing with Carbon Fiber Technology along with parachutes and all of that.  Am I crazy or are we just not marketing these planes correctly.  New Mooney Factory owner please take note.  I picked the best produced Mooney marketing video I could find(maybe there is a better one)to illustrate a contrast.  I guess the point of this post is that the Mooney I fly compares more to the Ferrari video than to the Mooney's  marketing over the past few years.  Lets discuss this.......

• Like 3

Send your request up the corporate ladder...

Get to where the company has billions to spend... and has people that are are working in a marketing department...

None of these machines can possibly qualify for hand made...

When all of their key parts are machine by CNC devices...

Corporations usually use finances to define where their marketing dollars are going to be spent...

Sort of a chicken and egg problem...

Somebody gambles on how much marketing dollars to spend...

The next person hopes that it is enough to work...

If they get it right a few more machines sell...

Then more gets spent the next time...

One question I have... who selected the music to go with that brief video?

Nothing says slow... like a funeral dirge....  :)

That doesn’t appear to be a Mooney marketing video...  who is red wing aerials?

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

The bombardier ad is enticing... but they almost don’t show the cockpit at all...

Doesn’t the corporate pilot have any interest in what is getting purchased...

:)

-a-

Oh, plenty of INTEREST, just no SAY in what is getting purchased.:D....I'm pretty sure the guy writing the check is sitting in the back!

• Like 1