Route to fly from South-Africa

Vlakvark

Wasn't there a German couple who flew their 231 from Brazil across the Atlantic last year? I believe they have made several crossings and have spent a lot of time flying up and down the Americas.

I know someone has a better memory than I do. Maybe it was @flumag?

Via north pole or south pole? :lol:

Via North Pole all down to Canaries/Dakar should be handling and permit free with load of avgas around, it gets complicated after but if you can make Gabon/Congo(PointeNoire) then Botswana/SouthAfrica you are done

Via south pole: you can do via USA, Mexico, Chile, SA but I have no clue about those logistics, I think @terbang may know more about Latin America, also North Pole, Africa or anything for that matter :D

Edited by Ibra
  • Like 1

This is totally doable. I inspected a guy who flew a Piper Saratoga from Oz to California the long way. Wow did he have some stories to tell. I can’t even imagine how fun a trip to Africa would be. If probably brush up on your French skills. It would be one hell of a way to build time.

• Like 1