M20C POH in Digital Format

rob

Rob:

I e-mailed you the one for the 65 C model that came with the memory stick about four (five?) years ago from Mooney.  It is about 6 Mb though.  And in those days, it was called an "Owner's Manual."

Hope this is OK.

• 11 months later...

I recently scanned in my near mint 1965 M20C Owners manual. It includes a supplement section that references differences with the 1962 - 1964 models documented in the 1965 M20C manual.  PM me if you'd like a copy.  Some of the text has faded but overall it turned out pretty well.  It's also pretty big (4MB).

Quote: BigTex

I recently scanned in my near mint 1965 M20C Owners manual. It includes a supplement section that references differences with the 1962 - 1964 models documented in the 1965 M20C manual.  PM me if you'd like a copy.  Some of the text has faded but overall it turned out pretty well.  It's also pretty big (4MB).

I have a 4MB copy that covers C models starting with SN 700001 and up. Since it's dated 1970, I don't think it will cover your 77 model. And yes, it's an "Owner's Manual" not a POH. Cool looking "Mooney Ranger" logo, too.

Much too large to email, I also have copies of Parts and Service manuals, dated 2006, that cover C, E, F & G models. They run 26 MB Parts and 36 MB Service.

I bought them all on one CD from the Vintage Mooney Group. Not sure if this is still available through them or not, but it never hurts to ask. Go to a fly-in and find out, you'll at least have fun and meet some people that way.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Just bought myself a 1969 M20C and I'd also like to find a digital copy of the POH that I can load on my iPad.  Anyone have one of those lying about?

(For the curious, the plane is in nice shape, previously owned by an IA who did some real nice work on the panel; major features include manually actuated speed brakes, electric gear and flaps, and some speed mods, including the 201 windshield.  The avionics include an S-Tec 30 with GPSS fed from a 430 with WASS, and a GMX 200.)

30 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Did you check the download section?

Your going to need some photos posted of your very modern M20C...

I hadn't noticed the download section yet; thanks for pointing it out.  Don't see anything applicable specifically to the 1969 there, though.  If no one pipes up to say they have one, I'll get around to scanning mine, and I'll at least try to upload it :)

And yeah, I will need to post some photos :)  TBH, though, I still haven't had a chance to fly it yet; the annual was just completed.

2 hours ago, Hank said:

I put my 1970 Owners Manual there, yours should be the same. While you're there, grab a copy of the latest 1977 version, too. Mine has pretty thorough Performance Tables. Check for Service Manual, too.

I saw the 1970 manual, but that's part number 1203, and I'm looking for part number 1189 (from the Mooney publications status list).  I'll certainly grab the 1977 version, but I really want the specific manual as a starting point…

2 hours ago, Hank said: I put my 1970 Owners Manual there, yours should be the same. While you're there, grab a copy of the latest 1977 version, too. Mine has pretty thorough Performance Tables. Check for Service Manual, too.

I saw the 1970 manual, but that's part number 1203, and I'm looking for part number 1189 (from the Mooney publications status list).  I'll certainly grab the 1977 version, but I really want the specific manual as a starting point…

Send me your email and I'll get it to you

This has been an interesting topic of discussion that I have had with Flight Standards within the FAA.  If provanance can be shown between the electronic version of the operating manual and the manual origanally supplied, the electronic version can meet your ARROW requirements.  This topic of discussion came up when I purchased my airplane, and with the modern panel, I found that the flight manual supplements that would need to go into Chapter 9 of an Airplane Flight Manual weighed over 3 lbs!  So, if you can carry an electronic version of your operating manual, or AFM, and it can be shown that it is equivelant to the paper copy, the paper copy can stay home in your files.

POHs can be purchased from Mooney, using an MSC.  

Getting an electronic version of your own POH takes some skill.  Especially if they are more than 300 pages with all of the inserts for the GPS and AP.

A good copy shop can probably provide this service.

I like having an electronic copy for reference at home.  My POH lives in my plane.  Good for T/O distance references.

Best regards,

-a-