20E Flap and Trim Indicator housing 130103-9

Hi Everyone,

I have the plastic housing that holds the trim and flap indicators that I need to replace.  It had several fairly minor cracks that I repaired and repainted.  I looked great but was obviously very brittle.  My mechanic somehow bumped it and it exploded into shards.  I suppose I could use it as a pattern and make something out of fiberglass but that sounds like such a beat down.  I looked at the Vantage Plane Plastics website and did an internet search for what I think is the correct part number 130103-9  ( or possibly 740020-501) but I’m not coming up with anything.  Has anyone had this issue and what is the best solution?

Thanks,

Rick

Do you have all the pieces? Or most of them? Can you roughly figure out where they were?

Mine was cracked pretty bad, some small chunks missing, and getting worse. When I had an interior shop do my seats and carpets, I said 'enough' and got out my surfboard supplies and started messing with it. It took a couple applications of fiberglass and resin, and masking tape trying to hold it in position... and of course sanding, but it was repairable and you can't really tell with a nice coat of paint on the outside.

Re-installing it with the trim and flap indicators wasn't as easy as the other interior parts, PITA, 3/10 on the Mooney PITA scale.

In the past I've ordered interior pieces from Vantage plane plastics.  They used to have more friendly website in the past but this might be what you are looking for:

https://vantageassoc.com/airplane/mooney/m20/1966m20e832thru1308/trim-control-system-581.html

I found their parts being good quality and last over 10 years now.

Thanks everyone.  I called Vantage Plane Plastics.  They have this part number but it seems to be from a different model aircraft. It covers the entire end of the wheel housing instead of just the corner.  For those of you that need this part I think it would work if you are willing to cut away the excess you don’t need.  That was my plan B.  I then called LASAR and they had the smaller one I needed for my airplane...the last one they say.  It wasn’t cheap but it is brand new and I’ll be happy if I can just move the indicators over, attach the cable, and screw it in.  I’ve had very good luck doing MEK repairs on the other plastic parts in the airplane but this piece was just too brittle and in too much of a high traffic area to last.