GNX 375 audio output question

Ross Taylor

Hi all,

In the Garmin site description for the 375, it describes the ability to provide audible traffic alerts ("traffic, 10 o'clock, same altitude, 2 miles").  I've searched for a manual or wiring diagram to help answer this... but haven't found the answer... so, I'm turning to the MSers.  Does the 375 have an audio output that's hardwired into the intercom or is this alert function done over Bluetooth?

Thanks!

Ross

I'd love to have an install manual, but haven't found one through any search I've done.  I even searched for photos that show the back of the unit or for any wiring diagrams.  Maybe my Google-fu isn't strong, but the only thing I've found (and read) is the 244 page pilot's guide.  I don't see mention of audio alerts in the pilot's guide.  The Garmin manual link doesn't offer any help, either....  https://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/manuals.htm?partNo=010-01823-01&language=en&country=US

Garmin GNX375.pdf

4 hours ago, Ross Taylor said:

Thanks guys!  I'll read through this tonight.  

Edit... I didn't wait until tonight to give it a quick glance.  There are audio outputs on the 375.  Now, I'll have to find out where my installers ran those...

He/she should run audio output to Audio panel input (not intercom).

5 hours ago, Igor_U said:

He/she should run audio output to Audio panel input (not intercom).

You are exactly right and I was totally imprecise... that's what I meant... but precision matters and I was far from it.  :-)

I'll investigate further, after I get it back from annual. 

• 4 years later...
On 2/25/2020 at 6:10 AM, Ross Taylor said:

You are exactly right and I was totally imprecise... that's what I meant... but precision matters and I was far from it.  :-)

I'll investigate further, after I get it back from annual. 

Hi @Ross Taylor!  Thanks for your post about the GNX Audio.  I had one installed end of last year and the avionics installers cabled audio to my audio panel, but I don't get any audio from it.

So I'm curious if you managed to get yours working?  Any config needed on the GNX?

All the best,

DanieG

ZS-DED

1 hour ago, Danie Gordon said:

Hi @Ross Taylor!  Thanks for your post about the GNX Audio.  I had one installed end of last year and the avionics installers cabled audio to my audio panel, but I don't get any audio from it.

So I'm curious if you managed to get yours working?  Any config needed on the GNX?

All the best,

DanieG

ZS-DED

Ross last visited in 2020, so do not be miffed if you do not get and answer.

With Garmin equipment, the wiring often depends on what equipment is installed. When I had a GTX 345 installed, its audio output connected to an unswitched input on the audio panel. When I had the G3X installed, the audio from the GTX was removed because the G3X gets digital data from the GTX and the G3X supplies the audio to the audio panel.