Gear problems, the Sequel

Nice day, took the Moonship for a spin. First landing the J-bar didn’t feel right, but it was solidly in place and withstood solid tugs on downwind, base and final. Still hear bit chin’ Betty on landing, and the gear unsafe light was on. Damn, I’ve danced this dance!  Flew to my second destination, this time decided to do it right, get the gear safe light. Couldn’t do it with one hand. Hit the autopilot, got both hands on the top of the bar and pulled up with all I had. Got a nice click and a gear safe light. Flew home with the gear hanging out. 

What really honks me off is the panel mount Johnson bar holder (still sounds risqué) is the newest part on this aircraft. Thanks Mooney! Oh well, I suppose I’m lucky to have a part at all. Might not be an option in the near future. Hopefully soon I’ll take the Lucky Strike aloft and spray some lube up in that thing.

So, with the J bar, the lights and horn, just tell you it is latched. If you see it is latched, and verified it is latched, it is obviously the switch. You can test it with your index finger. (say nice things to her first). If the switch makes the lights  change, you need to adjust the switch.