Air Mods One Piece Belly -- the one with skids

HRM

Air Mods One Piece Belly Pan for M20. I believe this fits the entire M20 (vintage series) with the cluster of inspection panels.

This is the one with skids, presumably to protect the belly on gear-up. Pan can be repaired to a point.

Good for after you have had a GU, as a prophylactic against GU damage and as a faster way to open the belly, although this has been argued.

Anyway, $500. PM with email if interested and I can send docs/photos.

image.thumb.png.0f290d2bf0f2ce20341eb67c9d8e3f36.png

I did a gear up with this 1 piece belly installed by a PO in 1997. It worked very well to minimize damage. New ELT antenna, tail pipe (PFS extends more than stock muffler which might not have scraped pavement), and build up skids with FG.

Installation labor to convert will be significant.

1 minute ago, Bob_Belville said:

I did a gear up with this 1 piece belly installed by a PO in 1997. It worked very well to minimize damage. New ELT antenna, tail pipe (PFS extends more than stock muffler which might not have scraped pavement), and build up skids with FG.

Installation labor to convert will be significant.

Thanks for the endorsement Bob, and yes, install is non-trivial. Probably the best time to do it is after the GU :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, orionflt said:

OL, I wish!!!   not much of an increase, more of a convenience of getting into the belly easier.

In the interest of full disclosure, this feature has also been debated. Having pulled those panels personally during annual, I would argue that it HAS to be better, regardless of how you pull it on and off. Frankly, putting those fool panels back takes twice as long as pulling them off.

1 hour ago, RLCarter said:

@HRM where is it located? Freight  could be fairly high if going across country and is crated ?

Beaumont, TX (right off I-10).

25 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

I have 19mph worth of speed mods, I still only make book speed.

Yep, speed increase, if any, will be in the µKTS :rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, RLCarter said:

Install doc says for a “J”, didn’t see any welding but didn’t read the whole doc

I thought it was just riveting; of course, a review by an A&P prior to purchase would not be a bad idea.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 3:11 PM, wcb said:

Lasar claims a speed increase if you bury some antennas or upto 6mph?????? Is that really possible????

The LASAR panel is baby butt smooth while the Air Mods has a pair of skids that help protect the underbelly in the event of GU. Since the panel is fiberglas, buried antennas should work fine.

Not to skunk my sale, but the best time to do a one-piece is just after GU or the first year you decide to start owner-assisted annuals.