Aspen upgrade path

larrynimmo

I wanted to let everyone know that I have had really good support and communication with Aspen so far with my EFD1000 Pro Max install.

Prior to installing the new unit we decided to send it back to Aspen to undergo their new bench testing to determine if it would exhibit the reset behavior that affected some units in the field.  The idea was to get it addressed first and avoid having a reset in flight down the road.  After a week, Aspen finished running our unit through the test procedure and let us know that it exhibited the reset behavior reported in the field.  I am glad the reset happened on the bench and not in flight!

They also let us know that they have a SW update that addresses the underlying cause of the reset that is being finalized and submitted to the FAA.  We were told that once they get the SW update approved, they will resubmit the affected units through the test procedure and will be able to ship back our unit with the update once the issue is confirmed as cleared.  This probably is what is driving the delay in getting upgrade units shipped out but it appears that Aspen is dealing with this issue as fast as they can and pushing to get everyone their Max units.  Hopefully the FAA can approve the update quickly so we don't have too much longer to wait.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...