Kansas City: Good freelance mechanic?

toto

Background:  I had a fantastic relationship with a fantastic A&P/IA for almost 20 years.  He worked a regular shop job during the day, but would moonlight evenings and weekends.  Everything that needed to be done, was done owner-assist, and I learned a ton about aircraft maintenance.

Fast-forward to now.  My mechanic friend has retired and moved out of state.  I've used a few local shops for odds and ends, and a shop on the field for the past two annuals.  People who use big maintenance shops all the time are probably accustomed to this, but it's been a stressful transition for me.  I like being able to spend time understanding how the pieces fit together, and I like doing research, ordering parts, etc.  With a big shop, it's always a different person turning the wrench, and often they'll have a half dozen planes in various states of repair at any time.

Anyway, I'd love to find a good Mooney mechanic in the Kansas City area.  If you know of a freelancer who will work in the hangar, great.  If you have a recommendation on a solo or smallish shop, that's also welcomed.  Really anything from anyone who has a good relationship with a mechanic who knows Mooneys, please reply or PM me.

16 hours ago, Wes said:

Toto, I've tried to pm you to give you my email and phone #, but haven't been successful. If you want to try to send me your info I'll get in touch with you. I think I might be able to help.

Thanks Wes.  Got your PM, just replied.

Many thanks, @Landantheman, @Stephen, and @FlyboyKC!!  Those all sound like good possibilities.  Moberly and Ayers are new to me, but I've had some contact in the past with Chasaero, as I inquired about the Dynon Certified system - they're one of the authorized install shops.

Also, I'll note here that I had a great phone call with @Wes earlier this week.  He had some very interesting ideas and potentially a good future mx option.