The Mooney Flyer needs HELP

mooneyflyer

We need writing contributors to The Mooney Flyer or we may have to cease the magazine.  If you want to help, we need 2-3 people willing to write on a regular basis, or more writers, then each could contribute less frequently.  We will do all the editing.  Pass this on to any Mooniacs who may be interested.  We have been publishing since May 2012.  It’s fun and rewarding  

thanks,

Phil

• Like 1

Hi Phil, 

If you’re looking for someone to contribute, I’d be willing and able to help out. My flying experience is minimal (Under 200 hours), but I do research a ton of topics, and would be willing to summarize and write for you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GLJA said:

Hi Phil, 

If you’re looking for someone to contribute, I’d be willing and able to help out. My flying experience is minimal (Under 200 hours), but I do research a ton of topics, and would be willing to summarize and write for you. 

Perfect.  Send your ideas or articles to TheMooneyFlyer@gmail.com or call to discuss.  We will do all the editing, grammar, etc.

• Thanks 1

This wouldn’t be Mooney specific but my wife would be happy to do an ATC Q and A type of content article.  Which could lead into additional discussion or technical ATC articles.  

Not to worry, she’s a much better writer than I am.  

• Like 4

Seeing if @Pasturepilot is stopping by... an excellent pro-writer....

Get Amelia on board... my favorite Mooney writer! (very High quality) :)

Seeing if @M20Doc has interest in writing in that type of format... (high technical quality with the ability to pull useful facts From proper Mooney documents and manuals...)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Denver98 said:

This wouldn’t be Mooney specific but my wife would be happy to do an ATC Q and A type of content article.  Which could lead into additional discussion or technical ATC articles.  

Not to worry, she’s a much better writer than I am.  

Would love an ATC Q&A Feature.  PM me if she is interested and we could talk

9 hours ago, Amelia said:

Tell me more? 

@mooneyflyer,

@Amelia would be my first choice! She is an excellent writer.

Two good stories to start out with would be how she dealt with a stuck trim situation and then what Mooney "gotcha" she discovered recently when the gear wouldn't retract. I am sure there are many more.

• Like 2

I could write about what I’m going through to get my 3rd class medical after heart failure and what you really have to do to keep flying. I can include what happens when you have an ICD/Pacemaker. Also, getting back into flying after a 20 year layoff — transitioning to a Mooney.

-Don

• Like 5

I'm not a professional writer by any means but have been documenting my experiences from beginning my PPL through present day on my blog. Some posts are better than others. I would be happy to contribute. There are additional posts just sitting in draft status waiting to be polished up and published.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

I'm not a professional writer by any means but have been documenting my experiences from beginning my PPL through present day on my blog. Some posts are better than others. I would be happy to contribute. There are additional posts just sitting in draft status waiting to be polished up and published.

Your blog should be a regular feature in the magazine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, carusoam said:

Seeing if @Pasturepilot is stopping by... an excellent pro-writer....

Get Amelia on board... my favorite Mooney writer! (very High quality) :)

Seeing if @M20Doc has interest in writing in that type of format... (high technical quality with the ability to pull useful facts From proper Mooney documents and manuals...)

Best regards,

-a-

You should contribute a monthly summary of what's happening around the Mooney world for each issue. :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

Richard, I follow your BLOG and you would be an amazing contributor to The Flyer.  I hope you consider it.

• Like 2

I would love to contribute my little pocket full of experience. I work with pilots and maintenance people all over the world, attempting to "put into plain language" the very technical concepts of their autoflight systems. By doing so it enables us to find and correct the root problems, and enlightens the awareness of future issues.

webairconsulting.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

@mooneyflyer,

@Amelia would be my first choice! She is an excellent writer.

Two good stories to start out with would be how she dealt with a stuck trim situation and then what Mooney "gotcha" she discovered recently when the gear wouldn't retract. I am sure there are many more.

Bless you for your kind words, but I’m trying to put those embarrassments way behind me, thank you very much!!:D

26 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Bless you for your kind words, but I’m trying to put those embarrassments way behind me, thank you very much!!:D

Mimi, when you survive a malfunction that results in an AD, it's something to be proud of!

• Like 1