Master Switch Abnormally Loud

RonM

4 hours ago, RonM said:

LanceCasper:  Thank you for educating me to that. I will find out. I can't remember the exact cost all those years ago.  I don't know now where the autopilot gets the attitude info. If I pull the circuit breaker on the mechanical attitude indicator, and do the auto-test on the KAP 150 auto pilot, and the KAP 150 passes the self test,  will that demonstrate that the KAP 150 auto pilot gets the attitude info from the Aspen? (Just as a quick way to make the determination without consulting mechanic or aircraft logbook.)

You cannot "pull the circuit breaker" on the KG 258 because it is vacuum driven, not electrical. That's why there is a standby vacuum pump. You might want to get together with your avionics tech and go over what you have and what you would like and figure out the best way to get there. They can figure out where your noise is coming from at the same time.

• Like 1

Nothing like getting to know your bird even better than before... :)

Questions we assembled so far...

1) Do I really have an EA100, between my Aspen and BK auto pilot...

2) is something else like the old KG258 really still driving the BK AP...

3) what’s next for a good BU AI... another Aspen, Garmin G5, or Dynon D10... and one other...?

4) There is probably an EA100 in place, but it cost more and didn’t offer more than leaving the KG258 in place at the time...

5) Going vac free is the method of today, what would it take to bring this bird up to speed, now...

6) Tossing the vac systems is a great way to gain UL and eliminate the 500hr expect vac system failure...

Glad you are here, Ron!  I  have so much to learn from your example.   :)

PP logic only, not an instrument guru...

Best regards,

-a-

8 hours ago, RonM said:

LanceCasper (or anyone else who cares to comment):  If I replace my Bendix King mechanical AI with a Dynon D10 AI, can my KAP 150 get the attitide info. from the new Dynon D10 AI?  If my Auto Pilot is getting the attitude info from the mechanical AI (and not the Aspen) everything has been working nicely for me - so maybe it is okay. The Dynon D 10 looks really nice and would be a great back up AI to my Aspen AI. What do you think?

Ron I would be more than happy to answer a couple questions and give a bit of insight, 616 822 1999 eastern 8am-8pm. A very simple ground check will tell us the attitude source in minutes.

Carusoam:  Absolutely!  The people on Mooney Space are very generous with their time and knowledge.  I always learn so much and I enjoy the thorough discussions on each issue. So great to be a Mooney pilot and to have the support of the Mooney Space members!

• Like 1