NEW Whelen CHROMA Series LED Wingtip Navigation Lights 14V/28V

I have new Whelen Aerospace Technologies (WAT) CHROMA series wingtip LED position lights available for sale in 14V red and green and 28V red and green. These are direct replacements for W129028, 129028, A7512-24, W628, and 628 incandescent bulbs. These are extremely useful if you are running a Uavionix ADS-B device, which requires you to run your navigation lights all of the time in order for the ADS-B Out feature to function. These are drop-in replacements and these lights come with a 5 year warranty. These are FAA TSO approved, and carry an STC. There is no EMI/RFI interference and have a 10,000 hour operating life while incandescent has a 300 hour average life. We are a Whelen Aerospace Technologies (WAT) authorized dealer. Orders over $500 ship free. You can purchase them from https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html or you can email me at gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com if you have any questions.

These are great for many different aircraft brands (but especially Mooney aircraft!).

Chroma_Green.jpg

Chroma.jpg

Just now, bradp said:

James does whelen make a clear bulb replacement for the rear nav light or just these chroma lights?

Btw I'm on year approximately 3 with your O rings and not a sign of wear and not a drop of water in the tanks.

The fluorosilicone o-rings are the best! I'm on year 4 for my Bonanza!

Whelen only has red or green and I'm not sure why they do not do white for the tail light. They do sell LED tail lights and I have them for $239.99 each. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you installed a uAvionix Tailbeacon then you're going to be running your nav lights all the time. For that reason you might want to seriously consider converting the rest of the aircraft position lights to LED in order to avoid a grounded aircraft scenario if you go to fly at night and a bulb burned out because you run them a lot more now.

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html <--- order here!

gallagheraviationll@gmail.com <--- email me for any questions or concerns

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there an LED replacement for the Wingtip nav light? The parts manual shows the original bulb as 34-0228030-85 and it goes into a TP-39 socket?

One of mine is out so rather replace with an LED if possible.

Edited by PJClark
spelling

James,

do you have any info on the strobe version? I am trying to wait for Uavionix to get their Skylight TSO, but just seems to be in a perpetual stall. Was wondering if the green 6501G Strobe LED would be an option?

My mechanic claims the “tik-tik-tik” I have begun hearing in my headset is likely a capacitor going bad in my 1999 Mooney Eagle’s wingtip strobes. Could you weigh in on that, and tell me about LEDs, or other options? He hasn’t seen it yet, but hazarding a guess.  I’m hoping for a much cheaper second opinion! Thanks!

15 hours ago, TX-Champ said:

Again, are those TSO or approved? Yes I know they fit the bulb base, but do they meet the standards for naff lights with intensity and viewing angles? Other people fly in the system as well, it isn’t fair to them to not see you coming and raise riskOther people fly in the system as well, it isn’t fair to them to not see you coming and raise risk

On 3/11/2020 at 5:56 AM, GLJA said:

James,

do you have any info on the strobe version? I am trying to wait for Uavionix to get their Skylight TSO, but just seems to be in a perpetual stall. Was wondering if the green 6501G Strobe LED would be an option?

Sorry I did not respond earlier. The Orion 6501G is an option for a forward facing green position light and 180 degree coverage with an LED strobe light. There is no rearward facing position light. What kind of Mooney do you have? 

Email me at gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com 

Orion650.jpg

On 3/11/2020 at 1:04 PM, Amelia said:

My mechanic claims the “tik-tik-tik” I have begun hearing in my headset is likely a capacitor going bad in my 1999 Mooney Eagle’s wingtip strobes. Could you weigh in on that, and tell me about LEDs, or other options? He hasn’t seen it yet, but hazarding a guess.  I’m hoping for a much cheaper second opinion! Thanks!

The Orion 650E is the good replacement. The strobe power pack/capacitor are around $800 to replace so it just makes sense to convert to LED, which are rated to 10,000 hours.

gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com

650EC_720x.png

Orion650E.jpg

• Like 1