50h inspection coming up...

Fry

On 2/13/2020 at 2:36 PM, larryb said:

The one piece of advice I have is LOOK. Visually inspect everything. Spend some time on this. Look and poke at everything. In my pre-buy and annuals, there things that have been over-looked that I have seen. For example, the turbo oil line touching the hot side of the turbo. Or the oil breather line wearing a hole in my intake manifold. Wires chafing against the engine mount. It is handy to have a collection of the commonly used bolts/screws/nuts/washers from Aircraft Spruce handy so you don't have to make an order each time you find a missing screw. It's also a good idea to spray the rod ends with tri-flow more often than the annual inspection. 

Today I did my 25 hour oil change and engine inspection. I found:

Missing screw on heater exhaust shroud.

EGT wire chafing against heater exhaust shroud.

Missing washer under the lever on one Shaw fuel cap. To be honest, this was found because the lever was stiff, not due to inspection. 

And the biggie, very very loose clamps on #1 cylinder induction tube rubber coupler, a significant intake leak for sure.  

• Like 1