Low oil pressure

Aspen2013

On 2008 M20TN Acclaim Type S - Occasionally I have low oil pressure immediately after landing, in the yellow arc, and when I increase RPM to say 1700 it climbs but still in yellow arc. If I decrease to low idle of 830 then it drops into the red at 9 psi. Does not occur all the time. Any ideas? Only 20 hours on the oil. I never go over 25 on oil.

oil pressure.jpg

Edited by Aspen2013
  • Like 1

It’s odd that even increasing the RPM to 1700 that the pressure indicates so low.  I would “tee” a mechanical test gauge into the line at the transducer.  Run it up on the ground and compare the two indications.

Oil type and viscosity will have a small effect on pressure.

Clarence

Using Philips XC 20W-50 winter months and Aeroshell 100W all other months.  Like I said it happens very rarely. Was wondering if a certain flight profile like idle or low power on final with nose down etc.   Here are two pics of cruise and taxi oil pressure. This was the next day.

oil press cruise.jpg

oil press taxi (2).jpg

Edited by Aspen2013
  • Like 1

That is looking more like a sensor challenge... Chasing wires may find what might be happening...

To have the OilP drop out the bottom, would require the OilT to go out the top of the range...

If the mechanical oil pressure regulator was failing... it probably wouldn’t fix itself the next day... 

Great pics, thanks for sharing them...

Ask your mechanic to check the oil pressure regulator to see if it has aged... check for loose wires for the OilP sensor...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1