Cdn M20AX in owner maintenance

Walter#2

Hi everyone,

I have this airplane located in Alberta. I’m hoping to find someone who is willing to help me navigate its sale. I am unfortunately, not able to describe it properly, I suspect. 
I can tell you that it has a complete top end overhaul with less than 200 hours on a 360 with 180hp. Carburetor, generator, everything rebuilt. 

It has a recent maintenance trip that leaves such a bad taste in my mouth, that it must go. And, it’ll go cheap and painless to the right individual. I’m not cut out for recreational aviation 

Hi Walter, sorry to hear of your troubles. Perhaps the bad taste will fade and you won't have to sell so hastily.

That said, pictures and an equipment list will certainly help will attract potential buyers. But potential buyers by want more details on what went on with that maintenance trip.  Good luck.

Thanks Lamont,

unfortunately, the bad taste gets worse the more I think about it. I managed to run into a real terrible human that has a long history of doing exactly what he did to me and my family, but I wasn’t knowledgeable about him prior to hiring him. It’s been a nightmare. 
I’ll give it to someone for the value of the engine, just to end it. 

If it is a Canadian owner maintenance, your engine and prop serial numbers are stamped with « xxxxxxx » and can’t be exported or used in a certified airplane unless they are fully overhauled and a special request is made to Transport Canada for a new data plate.

Is that a wood wing M20A?

Are you trying to sell it?

If so...

To list it in the for sale area...

A small donation to the site is required... (highly recommended too...)

There are other planes for sale there... follow their lead.

Know that an M20A is not often a good choice for a first time owner...

We do have a few M20A owners around here.

Good luck with your next steps.

Best regards,

-a-

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I’ve had a few conversations about this airplane. I attended the airplane on Sunday and it started first crank and runs beautifully. I’ve just listed it on Facebook Marketplace for anyone that’s interested. 
All of the comments above about OWNER MAINTENANCE are true. In some circles, this will be of benefit. 
thanks to everyone that commented. 

Just now, carusoam said:

Walter did you want to leave an asking price around here to go with that?

Or a link to its FB page?

Best regards,

-a-

FB says $17,500 in Trudeau bucks.... So, that's like a venti Starbucks price in AMU. 

Walter, sent the ad to a Structural AME I know who was considering getting back into flying and having a project. This might be something he's interested in. 

• Like 1