Need a good A&P and instructor in Vegas for my 1985 Mooney Rocket

Cassity

Welcome aboard Cassity!

+1 on your decision to get qualified Transition Training!

See if Paul Kortopates is a good match for your needs.  @kortopates

Paul flys an M20K as well.  But, might be geographically further away...

Jeev is an excellent MSer in your neighborhood... that has an aviation business...

Best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Cassity!

+1 on your decision to get qualified Transition Training!

See if Paul Kortopates is a good match for your needs.  @kortopates

Paul flys an M20K as well.  But, might be geographically further away...

Jeev is an excellent MSer in your neighborhood... that has an aviation business...

Best regards,

-a-

@Cassity Be happy to help if you're interested in coming down to San Diego, but I am about 90 min away from you.

Interesting setup on the avionics. I'd wager the G500/600 was installed in the days for the GAD-43E was available that provides VNAV features. Without the VNAV capability available today can imagine why the prior owner kept his KAS-297B and all the other expensive to maintain legacy equipment. But now I'd go for the GAD-43E to provide fully integrated AP functionality with your G500/600 and pull the KI-256, HSI, KAS-297B and encoding altimeter and put in more reliable and relatively inexpensive glass backup instrument(s) that won't cost you an arm and leg to repair.    Done right you can at least pull the standby vacuum pump, if not both, and get some useful load back as well. But maybe you'd prefer to address the no-longer supported GPS before it gives you any trouble. You can also search around Mooneyspace for good sources for a new O2 cylinder if that's why its inop. Sorry about the unsolicited comments about how to spend your money! LOl's. Enjoy your new Rocket!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2020 at 9:37 PM, lamont337 said:

Maybe @Jeev can help you out

Joe Chenault owned and flew a 252 for many years.  He now owns a flight school with diamonds and barons but is a great instructor and has a lot of Mooney experience.+1 (702) 912-8515

As for an A&P I use a few solo guys with mixed results, EGA is a good shop Len the owner is experienced and maintained my Mooney for 10 years.

Feel free to reach out to me if you need any help or just want to say hi.  I would love to check out your Mooney!! 
702-430-2255

• Like 1

Thank you very much!  I really appreciate it.  I will definitely reach out to both of them.  I will reach out to you when I get it home.  I would love to have you come check it out.  I just got the annual done in Ohio.  Hoping to get it here within the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Cassity
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Janet Denton is a young CFI in Vegas, but also a long time Mooney owner and crack formation pilot. She keeps her Mooney at KHND. I know she's flying for Sky West now. But if you don't find anyone else, I can put you in contact with her.

Oh man!!! I feel bad for forgetting to mention Janet!!  She is a phenomenal instructor and person.  She also has a very nice J!  +1

• Like 1