This doesn't look right.

I've never noticed this before, but today the sun was at just the right angle.  It appears my baggage door isn't sealing up.  I haven't had a chance to look at it (landed in 30kt winds) and I could barely keep the baggage door open on the ramp haha.  

Is there an adjustment you can make to bring it closed tighter or do I just need a better seal?

20200208_144122.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Looks like the front pin isn’t engaged.

That's what I thought in the air, but the handle was all the way closed, and locked.  It won't lock unless the handle is pushed flush.  If the pin isn't engaged, it must not be coming out of the door? 

What’s it look like on the outside, is it flush with the fuselage? When close, push on it from both sides, does it move? Check the latch, wiggling it your fingers in close position, does it move?
Carefully check rim of entire hatch, look for contact points, only the weather stripping should be making contact? Using a dollar bill, check where the hatch is making good contact, if the bill can be pulled out fairly easily, it’s not.

6 hours ago, EricJ said:

Didn't that hatch come off of a different airplane?   It might need some TLC to really make that fit, perhaps some hijinks with the seals.

It did.  Came off a J.  And I checked when I got home today.  The pins are both latching.  It's flush on the outside of the airframe.  

I might try some of that marine foam seal on the airframe, see what happens.  

I noticed in the past that if I moved my CO monitor around, it's always higher in the back than the front.  I wonder if the suction created by that gap is pulling in air from the tailcone.

• Like 1