Eddy Current Prop Hub Inspection, SoCal

Having trouble finding an eddy current inspection service in the SoCal area.  Any recommendations?  

Hub: Hartzell HC-C2YR-1BF

AD 2009-22-03

Ignore my profile, this is not for my J, before someone gets worried about what I am doing :-)

-dan

27 minutes ago, ilovecornfields said:

There’s a prop shop at SBP that does eddy current inspections. 

Edit: Not necessarily “SoCal” but the traffic is lighter, air is cleaner and wine is better here.

I love the central coast.  Actually the hub is being taken there, but off the engine.  

26 minutes ago, ilovecornfields said:

Edit: Not necessarily “SoCal” but the traffic is lighter, air is cleaner and wine is better here.

All above fully agree !

Golden State Propeller...... kind friends for many years now.  

Unfortunately they were removed from field a few years ago, so no longer can you simply fly in for the test.  You must remove and send the prop to them. :(

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, ilovecornfields said:

If your referring to golden state propeller he is no longer there. Airport remodeling forced him off the property and I think he just closed shop. Too bad he was great to work with and only charged a hundred twenty five 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bonal said:

If your referring to golden state propeller he is no longer there. Airport remodeling forced him off the property and I think he just closed shop. Too bad he was great to work with and only charged a hundred twenty five 

Jennifer and Eric ( GS Propeller) are there, just no longer on the field .

• Like 1

Good to here when we last had it done he was not planning to keep going so must have found a place off field to keep going. But I remember him telling me that he is not permitted to service anywhere on airport property so yes only works if you remove prop and get it to him. 

13 minutes ago, MooneyMitch said:

All above fully agree !

Golden State Propeller...... kind friends for many years now.  

Unfortunately they were removed from field a few years ago, so no longer can you simply fly in for the test.  You must remove and send the prop to them. :(

Thanks for the correction. I’ve never had to use them but heard great things about them. So they can’t come into my hangar and balance the prop? That’s frustrating!

16 hours ago, ilovecornfields said:

I did. Hard “no” but they were really helpful and recommend a guy in Santa Ynez. 

For future reference, who was the shop in Santa Ynez that is on-airport?  Was that for balancing only? Or eddy current, as well?