Paper Mooney

PT20J

Been meaning to take this on, being the master Origami artist of this or any other site, and I do design paper airplanes; published two books of them.  What has really stopped me is what exactly says "Mooney".  The backwards tail certainly, but what else?  The prop?  Two blades or three?  The gear?  UP or down?

Like I said, might take it on one of these days.  Not the most difficult Origami project I've done.  Of course, I'm not doing squat until I have the  IR.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, steingar said:

... and I do design paper airplanes; published two books of them ...

@steingar  What are the titles?  I want to buy them and have them personalized!  In fact I'm in the process of organizing my library (all are in Excel, when purchased, read and if personalized).  Life is all about people.  I'm so excited!  Now, if I can get @RogueOne to be not so confused, ...

I'll post a picture of a minor Mooney variation of a very common design … as soon as I find it on the computer again.  Y'all are awesome!!!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, bonal said:

Straw hoop design, made it elementary school for a paper airplane contest. It flew the farthest and won

image.jpeg

Yep, great simple design and quite aerodynamic indeed! 

Can you put a cabin on there...... maybe give new Mooney design ideas to Mooney International?  :P

• Like 1

Fun story full of self aggrandizement. We have an Origami convention in my one horse town we call CenterFold. Last year we had as one of our special invited guests as really awesome Swedish folder. He showed me his favorite paper airplane, which nicely flew across the room. I put together one of my better designs, which went across the room, out the door and down the hall. There are people who can make better paper airplanes than I, but not too damn many of them.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

Something on my shelf from when my kids were young...

-a-

64CDB681-3A99-4259-9858-1C3EFFBD517B.jpeg

I met Ken Blackburn, really nice guy.  I'm petty certain I have designs that'll beat his for duration, just haven't got serious about testing and refining them.  I should.  Of course, I'd also have to get serious about strengthening my arm...

• Like 1