M20E Avionics Upgrade Project

The way I like it....with primary instruments as req. Still don't know how the landing gear warning will work till I fly it. Did a run up last night, all perfect except couple small squawks on the audio panel and I think my OAT is not computing correctly, shows high. Hoping my guy doesn't cancel on friday for static/pitot.

IMG_0111(1).JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG

I like the airspeed data blocks...

That is new to me for an engine monitor...

More of a flight data monitor with that and gps location combined...

Getting the OAT data corrected may be a simple calibration if it is off by a few degrees...

Clean connections if off by a lot.   

Proper TC extensions if needed...

Are you familiar with thermocouple wires?

Do the wheels go up on the system screen graphic?

Best regards,

-a-

14 minutes ago, carusoam said:

I like the airspeed data blocks...

That is new to me for an engine monitor...

More of a flight data monitor with that and gps location combined...

Getting the OAT data corrected may be a simple calibration if it is off by a few degrees...

Clean connections if off by a lot.   

Proper TC extensions if needed...

Are you familiar with thermocouple wires?

Do the wheels go up on the system screen graphic?

Best regards,

-a-

Yeah it;s nice to have the TAS computed on the fly and displayed along with airspeed. Important not to use yellow/red colors as they trigger alarms. They hooked it up to the GNS 430 for gps data and engine monitor also sends fuel data to 430 for it's own trip fuel planning. As far as OAT I believe the error is in the calculation factor from raw data as its not off by certain degrees but rather multiplied as it increases. will worry about that one later tho not a biggie.I didn't get a chance to see wheels go up on the screen,  but I really hope they do was nervous with the plane on jacks when they were swinging the gear

• Like 1

Screen looks quite clear...

I can Read it from more than 1kmi away! :)

Great job!

Thanks for sharing the details.

What’s next?

Flight hours required for insurance?

A real CO monitor?

Some in flight pics by the SIC?

:)

Best regards,

-a-

I have few hundred hours in this Mooney already so insurance wise I’m good. As far as CO2 monitor I still have and use the Foreflight’s Sentry with crazy loud audible alarm and works very well, plan on continuing to use just for that. More pics to come soon, Did about 6-7 touch n go’s and 3 high speed taxi’s done, on last taxi I got a bit too excited and ended up taking off. Just stayed in pattern in case something went wrong. Very pleased!

• Like 4

You can start working on the left panel when you start your social distancing.  I can tell you that you can fit the HSI Centred above the yoke shaft and still fit the AI above that.

Clarence

13 hours ago, M20Doc said:

You can start working on the left panel when you start your social distancing.  I can tell you that you can fit the HSI Centred above the yoke shaft and still fit the AI above that.

Clarence

Would you happen to have a picture? I have the dual G5s and want to do something with my left panel but can't seem to make it work unless I offset the stacked G5s to the left of the yoke shaft. Once I do this, I lose my 2.250"  hole for a clock or whatever I would chose to use that space for. Of course this is all on paper so far, so I'm allowed a few mistakes. :)

8 hours ago, jwarren2 said:

Would you happen to have a picture? I have the dual G5s and want to do something with my left panel but can't seem to make it work unless I offset the stacked G5s to the left of the yoke shaft. Once I do this, I lose my 2.250"  hole for a clock or whatever I would chose to use that space for. Of course this is all on paper so far, so I'm allowed a few mistakes. :)

I sold the airplane sometime ago. I'll see if I have any pictures, however I managed to fit a Narco DGO 10 HSI and a standard vacuum AI in both above the control column.  I'm not sure how big the face of the G5 is to know if it can be done.

Clarence

15 hours ago, M20Doc said:

I sold the airplane sometime ago. I'll see if I have any pictures, however I managed to fit a Narco DGO 10 HSI and a standard vacuum AI in both above the control column.  I'm not sure how big the face of the G5 is to know if it can be done.

Clarence

Ok,, thanks .

• 1 month later...

Nice work!

That big open space is really asking for either an iPad mount or a document pouch. Are you saving it for future additions?

I’m thinking of starting on something similar while my engine is out, because I like to torture myself. Lol

Struggling with what to do on mine because I need to shift some things from co pilot to pilot side so I can’t just do one side at a time. 

13 hours ago, Nukemzzz said:

Nice work!

That big open space is really asking for either an iPad mount or a document pouch. Are you saving it for future additions?

I’m thinking of starting on something similar while my engine is out, because I like to torture myself. Lol

Struggling with what to do on mine because I need to shift some things from co pilot to pilot side so I can’t just do one side at a time. 

I decided to keep it open for now. I did try with temporary iPad mount there but the angle is so far off that it makes it useless