Two, Two, Two TFR's in one

Double whammy down here this weekend. Presidential TFR overlapping the Super Bowl TFR.

For the first time since I've been flying out of my home drome, there is a slot program starting today where advance reservations are required to fly in and out. Aircraft based at the airport are allocated a total of 3 takeoffs per hour and just one arrival.

(You were right to call off this weekends fly-out Seth)

image.png.dba58b82cd2e26d6c9dbb4cb8480ca1f.png

image.png.4042b56ba794d1b3478927ac86bfd79f.png

Just now, Yetti said:

"total of 3 takeoffs per hour and just one arrival "

This confuses me greatly

As I understand it, the airport manager is allocating 3 takeoff slots per hour for planes based at the airport. Those wanting to return have to submit their request to the manager at which time they will be given a window of when to arrive.

1 minute ago, Yetti said:

Oooooh  A total of 3 planes can leave.     Only one plane total can come back per hour.

Correct. I guess the rest of the time is allocated for people attending the weekend down here. I think I'll mosey on down to the ramp on Saturday to check things out. Should be interesting.

Funny, last year the quietest I've seen KPDK , < 10mi from Benz Stadium, the2nd busiest airport in Georgia and the 2nd busiest GA airport in the country, was Super Bowl weekend.  Left Fri evening before the game and there was no other operations.  That weekend's rules required I call tower before start.  I think I woke them.  They asked why I was calling.  Ha! 

Came back Sat. night before the game.  Only other traffic was a Phenom 20 miles behind me.

The ramps were packed.  I think Sun night after the game it was a zoo, though.

William

6 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

I can just imagine them trying todo a tfr around Wembley stadium or elsewhere for a uefa or fa cup final in the uk.  Hmm riots would ensue!  “You want to do what, where?, arecfootballers the Queen?, No, then f off”.  

we do love a bit of civil unrest.  :)

No riots, just compliance.

On 1/30/2020 at 8:26 PM, Hyett6420 said:

I can just imagine them trying todo a tfr around Wembley stadium or elsewhere for a uefa or fa cup final in the uk.

Didn't you have massive TFRs for the Olympics, at least around London?

I seem to recall we had lots for the EURO 2012, some volleyball tournament, and for World Youth Day.  So much for separating church and state...

IOW Her Majesty doesn't need to have third parties reassure her of her status, as opposed to numerous other officials (you would think that God would be as keen on saving the Queen as his other agents on this Earth, yet they don't seem to agree (see WYD TFR)). :D (yes, trying to sound funny, no, not making fun of Her Majesty, far from it)

• Like 1