PS vs Garmin

59Moonster

Looking at upgrading my panel and need advice on some equipment. It's been recommended to go with a GMA 345/350c/347(even though it is old) with a GTR225. Someone else is recommending the Par200a/b. I have experience with the first but not the Par200. Space isn't an issue.

The complaint against the Par200 is that it can be difficult to use in flight, especially with any roughness. If you have used it, what are your thoughts. Is it easy and intuitive? Which would you install?

Currently keeping the klx155a and will be losing the kma20 and transponder. Also going in will be a gnx375 & 2 G5's.

I have the PS PMA 450B in my J and absolutely love it. The multiple Bluetooth connections are handier than I would have thought, and the USB charging port on the front eliminated the need to install a separate one for making sure the i-devices maintain power.

In your case, and with space not an issue, I would go with the 450B and the GTR 225. With the other items you are installing, you will have a great panel for your A!

• Like 2

Just got home this afternoon from the radio shop, having a PAR200B and GNX 375 installed.  It was a bumpy 30 minute ride home and I need to work on my button skills.  But, the 200B is easy to use.  Once dialed in with the volume for the com radio and intercom, the knobs will be used to tune the standby freq and push a button to swap.  The knob and button is easy to us when bumpy since I can brace my hand at the top of the unit.  Touchscreen on 375 was a little more difficult.  Had to push the back button a number of times.  Sometimes hit the message button trying to do so.  Intercom seems to work at least as good as the PS 8000 and better than the Garmin 240 (experimental version of the 340) that I have used.  So, +1 vote on the PAR200B from me.

• Like 3

PS flat rate repairs are flat $195 and come back with new buttons and faceplate.  I’m pretty sure this is less than garmin.  Water got into mine.  I drove down to Ps engineering about 20 minutes and they repaired it there.  It’s good to see them doing all their manufacturing here in TN.  

• Like 1