2020 Northwest Basic & Advanced Formation Clinics

FlyTester

As our numbers have grown in the Pacific and Mountain Northwest, I'm pleased to announce that the NW Mooney Caravan will host two formation clinics this year in Pendleton, Oregon (KPDT).  

May 14 - 17, 2020 : Beginner 2-Ship / Mooney Caravan Qualification
Our first ever basic clinic for beginners and 2020 Mooney Caravan Qualification will be May 14 - 17, 2020.  This clinic is intended for qualifying pilots who are new to formation flying to fly in the 2020 Mooney Caravan to Oshkosh.  This is also the Northwest recurrent training event for previous Mooney Caravan participants who plan to attend again in 2020.  
Registration is now open for this clinic: https://bit.ly/NW-Mooney-Caravan-2020

September 10 - 13, 2020: Advanced Clinic
Our Third Annual Advanced Formation Clinic will be held September 10 - 13, 2020.  The advanced clinic is for those pilots who have attended at least one basic clinic who wish to learn more additional maneuvers 2-ship maneuvers necessary to progress into more advanced formation flying.  No beginner instruction will be offered at the advanced clinic.
Registration is now open for this clinic: https://bit.ly/NW-Formation-2020

Aircraft of similar configuration and performance such as Cirrus, Bonanzas, Arrows, Tigers, RVs, etc are welcome to attend either clinic.

Andrew "Sausage" Soleimany
NW Mooney Caravan Squadron Lead

IMG_2702.jpg

Edited by FlyTester
Updated links
  • Like 3

On 1/29/2020 at 9:21 PM, adverseyaw said:

@M20C_AV8R here's our May formation clinic -- come join! Odds are good @amillet will make it :-)

I am trying to see if I can make that work, now that I finally have my IFR rating, I  have some time back in my life, I’ll look at the email again, and hopefully able to make the call in the next week or two, I’ll need to be in the newbie class, beginner class

i registered, see ya there

Edited by M20C_AV8R
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Any of the ones listed on the event are fine, they're all on the same block so transit is easy. Anecdotally I heard people were happier with the Holiday Inn than the Best Western. I'm a simple traveler and the Motel 6 worked great for me.

• Thanks 1