Mooney M20F for rent

Zulu Aviation

Zulu Aviation Corporation has a Mooney M20F for rent in Fort Worth at KFTW.  We are running a sale in the month of February: rent the Mooney for the price of a C172!  Any hours flown in the month of February will be charged a rate of $145 an hour.  Check us out at https://www.zuluaviationcorp.com/.

Edited by Zulu Aviation
  • Like 2

Flying around in a rental M20F...

Makes you look young, and energetic!   :)

It could be the instrument panel glow reflecting off the skin...

That’s a pretty nice rental plane...

Short cut to saving 1AMU... Get Mooney experience prior to buying and insuring your Mooney... First year of Mooney ownership costs about one extra AMU the first year because of low or no experience in type... for details ask our insurance MSer...

Best regards,

-a-

68D5D405-A2BE-4AC6-B287-87A8F6838625.jpeg

7C7BC0D6-3150-4D13-845A-E3E33B65D9B3.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian E. said:

Awesome news!

Thanks Brian.  Please spread the word.  We offer a 10% commission on any revenue your referral generates during the first year that they fly with us!   So if you know of any pilots looking to fly a Mooney in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, or any that want to fly in to do some block transition training before purchasing their own Mooney, just put them in contact with me.  All you have to do is make sure you let me know you were the one that referred them to us, send us the 1099 you can download from our website (https://www.zuluaviationcorp.com/), and we'll send you a check for your commission each month for any hours your referral flew the previous month.

Question for @Parker_Woodruff...

How much time in a Mooney is required to have enough experience to get that first level of lowered insurance cost...

Each time I encountered this came the second year of ownership...  

Wondering if a pilot was able to rent a Mooney, gain some experience, possibly transition training... could he get to the second year pricing status at the time of purchase of his new to him plane?

Did I ask that clear enough?

Best regards,

-a-

On 1/26/2020 at 1:43 AM, carusoam said:

How much time in a Mooney is required to have enough experience to get that first level of lowered insurance cost...

Wondering if a pilot was able to rent a Mooney, gain some experience, possibly transition training... could he get to the second year pricing status at the time of purchase of his new to him plane?

Best regards,

-a-

“It depends” :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parker_Woodruff said:

“It depends” :)

Yea I’ve seen al over the board. I guess it depends on the underwriter and the premium paid. I had to give one guy 2 hours of training jn a C and he’d had previous Mooney time. Another guy bought an F and had rented a J years before with 1.5 his log book didn’t require any checkout.  

-Robert 

On 1/26/2020 at 1:43 AM, carusoam said:

Best regards,

-a-

I spoke with our insurance agent about this.  He said you are looking about 100 hours retract time to really qualify for a reduced premium.  The problem is that the savings in the reduced premium are not going to offset the savings one would experience from building their time in their own rig, even with the higher premiums.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Seth said:

$145 an hour for 145-150 knot airplane is a great deal!

-Seth

It is!  We are hoping that some folks will take advantage of it during the month of February, get checked out in it and become regular customers for a long time.  

• 4 weeks later...

Well, got to take the plane up today. 3535X flys great! Ray fixed all the squawks and nice upgrades to the gauges. Since this was my transition training, I was very excited.

over 2.6 hours today and some observations:

It’s fast! Knew it would be but wow.

Stalls — was not expecting quite the break — even though I saw video and though I was prepared, was a surprise - broke left hard so neutral aileron, right rudder, add power — gotta remind myself to not correct with right aileron.

Johnson Bar - 14 landings today and what a workout! My first try - yeah airspeed too fast, really need to raise the gear on positive climb and 85 mph. Another thing I’ll need to remember is tap the brakes just before raising the gear. One smooth motion and DON’T stop midway to putting the gear up - yeah need to be the Hulk then if you do that. Once I got the technique down (did a lot in the practice area - before all the landings), got better on takeoff. Did 10 Touch and goes and 4 full stops and takeoffs (to give my arm a break!).

Landings were really a non event for me, was really very comfortable and had only one ‘kinda’ bounce - but still added power and went around even though I probably would have been fine. That one I was a little flat on the transition.

Loved flying this plane! I intend to do 10 hours in this with the instructor. On that, Michael is really great and took good care of this old guy!

I would suggest those of you looking for transition training or wanting to try out a Mooney, this would be a great plane to go with. Ray is very passionate about keeping the plane in great shape and flying!

Going up again on Monday, really looking forward to that!

-Don

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, hammdo said:

Well, got to take the plane up today. 3535X flys great! Ray fixed all the squawks and nice upgrades to the gauges. Since this was my transition training, I was very excited.

over 2.6 hours today and some observations:

It’s fast! Knew it would be but wow.

Stalls — was not expecting quite the break — even though I saw video and though I was prepared, was a surprise - broke left hard so neutral aileron, right rudder, add power — gotta remind myself to not correct with right aileron.

Johnson Bar - 14 landings today and what a workout! My first try - yeah airspeed too fast, really need to raise the gear on positive climb and 85 mph. Another thing I’ll need to remember is tap the breaks just before raising the gear. One smooth motion and DON’T stop midway to putting the gear up - yeah need to be the Hulk then if you do that. Once I got the technique down (did a lot in the practice area - before all the landings), got better on takeoff. Did 10 Touch and goes and 4 full stops and takeoffs (to give my arm a break!).

Landings were really a non event for me, was really very comfortable and had only one ‘kinda’ bounce - but still added power and went around even though I probably would have been fine. That one I was a little flat on the transition.

Loved flying this plane! I intend to do 10 hours in this with the instructor. On that, Michael is really great and took good care of this old guy!

I would suggest those of you looking for transition training or wanting to try out a Mooney, this would be a great plane to go with. Ray is very passionate about keeping the plane in great shape and flying!

Going up again on Monday, really looking forward to that!

-Don

Thanks for the kind words Don, glad you enjoyed flying her.  It was good to meet you today as well.  I try to meet all new customers in person when they go up on their initial flight, just to put a face with a name (or E-Mail address).  

• Like 1

We were only doing the promotional "172" rate of $145 per Hobb hour through the end of February.  We will run other promotions through out the year and I will post them on MooneySpace as we do.  I am a former Marine, so I can assure you that we will be doing some kind of promotion to honor our veterans during the months of May and November.  Our normal pricing is $175 an hour for the first 10 Hobb hours as an introductory rate, with a normal rate of $195 per Hobb hour after that.  

• Like 1

More flying today — and VERY gusty winds some 22 gusting to 31 and about 70-80 ° cross-wind!

I have to admit, I’ve done some in the piper but was not sure what to expect. Michael demoed the x-wind technique at Bridgeport and I proceed to do 9 x-wind landings — all but a few to full stop. Was that a challenge! I did it though and kept them close to centerline . Flew to Graham and my best one on Graham’s 3300x50 ft wide runway - right down the centerline and plenty of runway left!  All but my last landing (@ Meachum) were done with no flaps. Gotta say, really a boost of confidence!

i truly feel the Mooney is easier, for me, to land than the Cherokee 180. As it stands, got my complex and min insurance hours! I’m flying the F again tomorrow and boy, these Mooneys are fun (and challenging) to fly. Michael is a excellent and fun CFI — made me work on my pilotage, Class B clearance, radio calls, and tracking. Found all the airports ;o). Still have more practice to do but, was a gratifying day...

Experienced the Lycoming hot start fi today and did the restart technique— that was fun..

Still want to fly another day in the F after tomorrow but, feel I could fly mine now!

-Don

• Like 3

Don,

See if you can get some flight following experience.... on your next flight... (really good radio experience, similar to IFR)

There is some cool things that go with that...  like an extra pair of friendly eyes keeping an eye on you...

Help you get access to restricted areas that are not readily available to the casual VFR pilot...

In some places, you can even transit class Bravo areas this way... (I was invited to cut through the middle of Philly airspace one day) :)

Best regards,

-a-

I got to fly 3535X in the morning yesterday before Don. My first Mooney flight! I will concur that Micheal is an excellent instructor- his x-wind landing at the end of our flight was excellent and something I had little interest in attempting.

If you are looking to get some Mooney time out of KFTW you should jump on this opportunity before the end of February!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1