1976 m20f executive gear retract problem

Not sure if it is bad at the moment, just wanting to make sure I can still get the part. I called Lasar today and still waiting to hear back on which airspeed conversion to go with. Seems like an expensive option to go with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if it is bad at the moment, just wanting to make sure I can still get the part. I called Lasar today and still waiting to hear back on which airspeed conversion to go with. Seems like an expensive option to go with.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that switch is perfectly fine. It's just out of adjustment.
In the event you do need to get a new one, Mouser electronics carries them. A few years ago they were about $200.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The squat switch is both temperature sensitive and donut age sensitive...

If the squat switch isn’t working because it is cold out...check the age of the donuts... :)

If you have a forever-plane... the airspeed switch ‘upgrade’ is a nice expensive way to update the gear safety system...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, carusoam said:

If you have a forever-plane... the airspeed switch ‘upgrade’ is a nice expensive way to update the gear safety system...

You're killing me! As if 11 new donuts plus labor isn't an expensive fix . . . . .

• Haha 1

Hank,

I was so focussed on what I was writing... I missed what I wasn’t writing... :)

Donuts are terribly expensive....

The heavier the plane, the faster the donuts get flattened out...

Apparently donuts are temperature sensitive and change volume/shrink when it is cold out...

Does anyone adjust the squat switch as the donuts compress over time/temp?

PP thinking out loud, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

Ok wanted to give an update. The plane has been kept in a heated hangar the whole time. Gear pucks are new, (from 2016). Squat switch is adjusted properly and everything is freshly greased. The problem only occurs once in awhile but there is still a ten second delay sometimes before the gear comes up. Anybody have any other suggestions at all? My A&P has been working on Mooneys for many years and has never came across this problem.

There is a specific measurement the mechanic does to verify the donut’s compression...

If he has the book, followed the procedure, measured the gap properly, the donuts have an age molded in them... that is great... (double check his work/details to be sure)not a trust issue, just a what to work on next issue... trust, but verify...

Post a pic of the date code... is that a 16 or a 91? (Ask @Hank :))

The rest is working through every switch, motor, and relay... there is a thread around here of why and how to get the motor OH’d... somebody has done one very recently...

starts with getting the electrical drawing for your plane...

Kind of mechanic’s 101...

A real pain when it is intermittent.

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...