Custom paint job on new Acclaim

The latest Mooney paint schemes don't really do it for me so I was pleased to see this 2019 Acclaim with a custom paint job. The colors work very well and color matched seat inserts to boot.. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder but this really stands out.

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/165397203/2019-mooney-acclaim-ultra

Since this one is for sale, I'm guessing the flaming will begin shortly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eight8Victor said:

The latest Mooney paint schemes don't really do it for me so I was pleased to see this 2019 Acclaim with a custom paint job. The colors work very well and color matched seat inserts to boot.. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder but this really stands out.

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/165397203/2019-mooney-acclaim-ultra

Since this one is for sale, I'm guessing the flaming will begin shortly.

I saw it in person in Kerrville two weeks ago and it looks even better in person.

487738324_ScreenShot2020-01-21at9_14_08PM.thumb.png.ff39def8ea254af533354d81e0d4a54a.png

The outside is beautiful...

Need more pictures of the inside!   :)

Looks like He got a few hours in before going Turbine!

Did Troy have his plane in the Mooney Booth at KOSH?  (Sounds familiar, I was talking to the owner, and can’t remember his name...)

Best regards,

-a-

That is a good looking plane, but it would be rather hotter than the mostly-white planes we see all over the South. Sure, it only matters below ~4000 msl from May through September,  but all of my flights start and finish there.

10 hours ago, carusoam said:

The outside is beautiful...

Need more pictures of the inside!   :)

Looks like He got a few hours in before going Turbine!

Did Troy have his plane in the Mooney Booth at KOSH?  (Sounds familiar, I was talking to the owner, and can’t remember his name...)

Best regards,

-a-

Troy is his name, no it wasnt at Osh, and your wish is my command! The inside is really nice! Troy and his wife picked out the scheme and colors, and Jonathan McCormack in Gadsen, AL did the custom paint. It is the fastest Mooney I have flown.

MVIMG_20190422_064006.jpg

MVIMG_20190422_064106.jpg

MVIMG_20190422_092459.jpg

• Like 4

Incidentally, the newest Ovation Ultra off the line delivered just a couple of weeks ago is also drop dead gorgeous and painted by Jonathan at Plane Schemers. Pay no attention to the other planes in the stable with similar paint schemes and tail numbers....

MVIMG_20200113_152348.jpg

MVIMG_20200114_093523.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

It is the fastest Mooney I have flown.

I see this testimonial from Mike as an opportunity for Plane schemers to dominate the Mooney repaint market. Not only does it look great, it flys faster! It’s a paint job with a speed mod all in one. 

Seriously though, were these birds ordered and delivered in primer? Base white?

I think the owners spec'd Jonathan to do the paint, but I dont know how Jonathan received them, probably just primer. He isnt cheap, but neither is the quality of his work. Disclaimer: Thanks for supporting the Mooney Summit, Jonathan! The Mooney Community is appreciative!

at 29/2400, 30 LOP N218TA was cruising in the yellow, 215 TAS at 10K.....Smokin!

To get 242 knots on 280 hp is pretty amazing. If they certified it with 310hp, some people would run it that way to squeeze every knot out of it that they could and go through even more cylinders than they already do. 280hp with twin turbos and intercoolers is a sweet spot for that airplane.

55 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Does the 310 stc have a limitation on 2700 operation above a certain altitude or duration?

215 kts is smoking fast for that power setting at 10k!  No tks or ac I’m guessing. 

How fast can a Bravo go at 10K feet? 

1 hour ago, MIm20c said:

Does the 310 stc have a limitation on 2700 operation above a certain altitude or duration?

215 kts is smoking fast for that power setting at 10k!  No tks or ac I’m guessing. 

Ok, I missed clicking the camera at 215 kts, but it happened...

MVIMG_20190422_082036.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, mike_elliott said:

29" 2400 30LOP AP is on holding 10K

Wow, incredible.  It's a completely different bird but I'd be seeing 150-155 IAS at this altitude.  I guess that's what you get for an extra ~$600K! (plus a few more toys :))

Just now, Davidv said:

Wow, incredible.  It's a completely different bird but I'd be seeing 150-155 IAS at this altitude.  I guess that's what you get for an extra ~$600K! (plus a few more toys :))

David, A new Bravo in 2005 wasnt 600AMUs cheaper but it is 15 years older. I know where an Ultra with 35hrs on it can be had for 685AMU's. Health/medical reasons forces the sale unfortunately. A beautiful plane but not quite as quick as 218TA. Yes, I have racked up most of the hours next to Kevin Kammer on this one.

1 minute ago, mike_elliott said:

David, A new Bravo in 2005 wasnt 600AMUs cheaper but it is 15 years older. I know where an Ultra with 35hrs on it can be had for 685AMU's. Health/medical reasons forces the sale unfortunately. A beautiful plane but not quite as quick as 218TA. Yes, I have racked up most of the hours next to Kevin Kammer on this one.

Yes, I was only pointing to the "right now" price, it wasn't a comment on the relative value but rather two different planes with different ages.  Not an apples to apples comparison.

Edited by Davidv
  • Like 1