Our new Mooney

Htwjr

23 hours ago, bradp said:

We just had to put our old boy down last week.  He was a good flyer until about 14 - he and my daughters were BFFs. Little one (20 mo) asking about him all the time   

C4153227-5B57-415D-BD2C-8552558482A6.jpeg

Sorry to hear about you dog. We put our 14 year-old lab down last month. He was too old to fly by the time we got the plane but he was an amazing companion.

This book was helpful for the little guy:

:When a Pet Dies https://www.amazon.com/dp/0698116666/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PdDkEbCTQTQPP

First time I put my Thera-Poodle in the plane... she migrated to the baggage area...

She was pre-owned and came with a name already... :)

I did the WnB calcs for everything but the hat shelf...

Thinking what would happen if Eiger decides to migrate to the back...

That may require dynamic programming of the WnB app and a Servo controlled trim knob... :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

This was our last two dogs Prissy and Bailey.  We had Prissy for 19 years and Bailey for 11.  Bailey enjoyed driving the boat but never cared for flying the plane. Probably because he couldn't feel the wind in his face.  They both rode in the plane a fair amount and were never a problem.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

The collie on the left is 1 year old  and his name is officially Mooney, so says his pedigree.  The collie on the right  is 2 years older than Mooney, he was going to be named Mooney, but at that time, I met strong opposition from my family. My persistence, however,  paid over the time,  and the younger collie did receive the name of Mooney

sobaki.jpg

• Like 1

This is a great thread to ask this in. I have a one year old Siberian Husky, named Solo (he's a scoundrel like his namesake). He pretty much whines/speaks endlessly in the car, and we put him in the car about 4 to 5 times per week on average.

How do you all go about introducing your pups to the airplane, what's your loading procedure, and how do you handle moments if/when the dog gets super vocal? Maybe the mic won't pick them up when talking to atc, but makes me nervous.

We, the wife and I, want to fly with him but we are pretty terrified of the potential difficulty loading and unloading.

MVIMG_20200119_080425.jpg