What is up with MAPA

wburger1

8 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Fun though it has been on many occasions,, I don’t know that we have any plans to attend Oshkosh. And absolutely none to use PayPal. What obnoxious folk! Zelle? Would that work? 

Ah Mimi, come to HKY for the formation clinic and fly the new and improved Caravan to KOSH. I'm probably going to camping unless Nancy wants to go in which case we'll be in the dorms.

FWIW, I use PayPal quite a bit and like it. (It worked great for getting about 50 Mooney pilots to pay their clinic registration, all fast and free.) 

@mike_elliott likes Zelle for Summit which I have set up but have not used. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PT20J said:

I may be done with MAPA. I mostly use it to access back issues of the MAPA LOG. But now my credentials are not accepted by new site or old site. New site won’t even allow entry of username on iPad. No one answers my emails. :(

Skip

I just went to the website and followed the directions for signing in; plugged in my MAPA number as username and my last name in small characters as password, and logged right in.  Try it again that way.

30 minutes ago, donkaye said:

I just went to the website and followed the directions for signing in; plugged in my MAPA number as username and my last name in small characters as password, and logged right in.  Try it again that way.

Yep did it several times on both mooneypilots.com and moonerpilots.org. Neither authenticate.

20 minutes ago, PT20J said:

Yep did it several times on both mooneypilots.com and moonerpilots.org. Neither authenticate.

I hope it was mooneypilots.org and not moonerpilots.org.  Are you a paid up member?  I'd hate to see these traditional publications go away.  I really liked using the mooney@aviating.com list and that seems to have gone by the wayside.

The Caravan, both the terrifying crack-the-whip gaggle of yore and the superbly run new and improved Caravan formation of several years ago, were great fun and very informative. Good folk held my hand, things went surprisingly well and we survived, I’m proud to say. I would love to attend Bob’s formation clinic if the time works and there’s room for me. But not sure OSH is on the cards this year. Promises to be a busy summer.

• Like 1

Mimi:

Would be good to see you again this year in Madison for the Caravan. 

Ute and I are going to be in Hickory for the Caravan Clinic followed by a week in Gaithersburg, MD.  Schedule will not permit us time to come and see you and Rob before or between these two, but perhaps when all the toing and froing is done......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, donkaye said:

I hope it was mooneypilots.org and not moonerpilots.org.  Are you a paid up member?  I'd hate to see these traditional publications go away.  I really liked using the mooney@aviating.com list and that seems to have gone by the wayside.

Don, I too was able to log in to the new site just now. But a google search on mooneypilots took me to the .com (old site) and I had to enter the full mooneypilots.org url to get the right site. (MAPA needs to put a message on the .com or do an automatic reroute.)  

The site itself is badly in need of a few hours of attention. Much info is old, the list of vendors has only a few links,... 

I logged on to the new website with no problems ( even though I’m sure I didn’t renew my membership when the notice came in the mail a few months ago). Read the two latest MAPA logs and saw a notice for a photo contest. I emailed a photo to Peggy and got a reply back in about 10 minutes ( on a Saturday). I’ll go ahead and send my membership fees for another year. 

• Like 1

I finally got this sorted out with Peggy. Apparently some of us did not get transferred to the new website. There are evidently some issues with the developer. The old website isn't even supposed to be live any more. I couldn't get a hold of Peggy initially because I used the old mapa@mooneypilots.com email which isn't dead (it didn't bounce back) but apparently no one looks at it any longer. 

Skip