Comparing the 757-200 and the 737 Max10

14 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

The other reason it is large and in plain view is to inform the pilot the auto trim is activated since the airplane trims to streamline the elevator rather than the pilot trimming to pressure. It is one of the reaons why AF447 was unrecoverable out of FL270 as the stab trim had trimmed full nose up. 

Agreed, although I doubt that the crew had the ability by that point to recognize what was going on. The most chilling thing to me reading the CVR transcript of the crash was the fact that the FO had no idea that the RP was still holding full act stick while they were fully stalled. A Boeing might theoretically have ended up in the same situation under those conditions but the control inputs made by the PF would have been immediately obvious to the PM. 
I love a side stick from an ergonomics point of view, but in a multi crew cockpit it is important to know exactly what the other guy (and the autopilot) is doing. That’s easy to do in a Boeing but less so in an Airbus without significant experience on type.

3 hours ago, V1VRV2 said:

Wont be long now until they are all gone! 

Sign of the times. Before we know it there won't be anything flying with three or four engines, except maybe an A380.

I still contend that the peak of airline watching was about 1985. A typical day at JFK would spy 707's, 727-100/200, 737's, 747, 757's, 767's, DC-8's, DC-9's, DC-10's, L1011's, VC-10's and BAE-111's. Don't think there were any Convair 880/990's still around by then.

I'm getting wet just thinking of it.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, flyboy0681 said:

Sign of the times. Before we know it there won't be anything flying with three or four engines, except maybe an A380.

I still contend that the peak of airline watching was about 1985. A typical day at JFK would spy 707's, 727-100/200, 737's, 747, 757's, 767's, DC-8's, DC-9's, DC-10's, L1011's, VC-10's and BAE-111's. Don't think there were any Convair 880/990's still around by then.

I hope to see something like this in my life time.

https://boomsupersonic.com/overture

On 1/26/2021 at 9:58 PM, flyboy0681 said:

FedEx will retire the last MD10 in 2023. Don’t know how long the MD11 has at UPS but they just acquired 5 more that will be online in a few months. Lufthansa is done with the MD11 this year. Look to the cargo haulers in the future for the 3 and 4 hole haulers.