Beauty M20C just popped on Controller

21 minutes ago, SkyTrekker said:

This one is a beaut!

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/190417029/1976-mooney-m20c

Is the seller on Mooneyspace?

This is what my E wants to look like when she grows up :-)

He is not on MS but he is at my airport, and the plane is everything it looks to be. It has been maintained with a no-deferred maintenance policy by the owner and is flown on a regular basis. His hangar opens onto the pad in front of the shop of the mechanic who was the Mooney mechanic at Epps in Atlanta for 20+ years and is around the corner from the avionics shop on the field. The owner is somewhat of a renaissance man as he is a judge, plays guitar and sings in a classic rock cover band (The Wing Nuts), regularly surfs, and is a genuinely nice person.

• Like 2

This is a one-off airplane. Take an average C and do all of what he did and see if you don't have much more than that into. All of the LASAR mods aren't listed in the ad - they ad up fast. Granted, everyone would do it a little differently.

If you take an average $35000 C start adding the Aspen with G5 backup $12000, GARMIN GTX345 $6000, SL-30 NAVCOM $3000, STEC 30 $8000, Tanks re-sealed $7000, Paint & Interior $20000, Garmin 530W + Flighstream 210 $9000, Speed Mods $15000-$20000?, etc, etc, etc.

If the rest of the airplane has the attention to detail that the pictures show on the panel, interior and exterior, for the right person it might be the right airplane. A couple years ago a nice E so for around $115,000 and prices have definitely gone up in the past couple years.

(Already by what's been posted is exactly why I would never list my airplane on Mooneyspace. Beechtalk does not allow any stomping on an ad. Just admire the airplane for what it is.)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Where is an average C for 35k?

I have a mechanically sound C with around 700SMOH. Basic panel, terrible paint. It’s insured for 40k

When the hurricane was on its way to town I looked to see what was out there if I ever needed a replacement. I couldn’t come close to what I have if insurance paid out based on the ads I saw. 

3 minutes ago, chriscalandro said:

Where is an average C for 35k?

I have a mechanically sound C with around 700SMOH. Basic panel, terrible paint. It’s insured for 40k

When the hurricane was on its way to town I looked to see what was out there if I ever needed a replacement. I couldn’t come close to what I have if insurance paid out based on the ads I saw. 

I was being conservative to make the point.

7 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

This is a one-off airplane. Take an average C and do all of what he did and see if you don't have much more than that into. All of the LASAR mods aren't listed in the ad - they ad up fast. Granted, everyone would do it a little differently.

If you take an average $35000 C start adding the Aspen with G5 backup $12000, GARMIN GTX345 $6000, SL-30 NAVCOM $3000, STEC 30 $8000, Tanks re-sealed $7000, Paint & Interior $20000, Garmin 530W + Flighstream 210 $9000, Speed Mods $15000-$20000?, etc, etc, etc.

If the rest of the airplane has the attention to detail that the pictures show on the panel, interior and exterior, for the right person it might be the right airplane. A couple years ago a nice E so for around $115,000 and prices have definitely gone up in the past couple years.

(Already by what's been posted is exactly why I would never list my airplane on Mooneyspace. Beechtalk does not allow any stomping on an ad. Just admire the airplane for what it is.)

I’m hearing of paint and interior quotes of closer to $25,000 and up, plus “incidentals” these days.

Besides that, don’t underestimate the TIME, INCONVENIENCE and AGGRAVATION that goes along with getting all of those projects completed. How many months of wasted hangar rent while your plane is away getting the work done? How many wasted months of Insurance and Annual Inspection lost while it sits parked somewhere, not flying?

Purchasing an airplane with “the big bills” done, if they were done to your liking, puts you way ahead of the game even if you have to pay a bit more for it up front.

• Like 4

That’s a beautiful C model! Can’t be a serious seller (I hope) though, I would think it’s priced almost double what it could actually sell for. I just bought mine in August with about 95% similar avionics and condition and it was less than half this price. This one is a newer model though with electric gear. Who knows!? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bottom of the ladder M20C sold for 34AMU in Y2K...

No GPS, HSI, AP, anything digital, paint, shoulder straps, carpet, interior panels, or many hours left on the engine...

It did fly nicely though...  :)

Be nice to the seller... for when it sells at the offered price... It should put a smile on every M20C owner’s face...

Just one data point.

There seems to be some inflation going on wrt airplane pricing...

All it takes is more buyers than sellers...

The economy continues to expand at a measured pace, unemployment has been pretty low for a while... next thing to watch for is... somebody getting a raise at work.  :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This one is definitely worth top price for a C model! But the inflation of aircraft prices are a double edged sword. You may smile when you sell yours, but you’ll pay more when you buy another one as well! Either way, that’s an awesome airplane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk