Oil temp sending unit with an “E” curve.

Phil EF

Know this question is a shot in the dark but.....I’m trying to find an oil temp sensor with the following characteristics that will fit a 1/8” NPT hole.

Installed a JPI 900 which required the original 5/8” hole by the oil cooler on the TSIO-360 and would like to maintain the original gauge for redundancy

and the alternate hole is the smaller size.

DAFCDE36-0AA6-4873-843C-D1A110EAF478.thumb.png.c9261ae3c60c57061ba4fffda314322a.png

Are you using the 900 as primary?

It probably needs to use the same hole as the original equipment or risk all the associated ranges and redline not being accurate...

The oil temp being read has much to do with the location it is being read from...

When you call JPI, what do they tell you about buying This sensor?

Sounds like you may be trying to use a primary instrument in a non-primary installation... in that case... the 830(?) is lower cost if you retain all the original gauges...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

The secondary hole isn’t compatible with the ships gauge/sensor?

choices...

1) Modify hole...

2) get new thermistor... see what aircraft spruce has for shapes and resistance ranges...

3) Toss out the idea of using the ship’s gauges as back-ups...

4) Why use an old technology like a thermistor anyways... inaccurate on its best days, appropriate for old analog gages... barely... they croak after 2k hrs... (mine did)

Check with your mechanic...

PP thoughts only, I am not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-