Some Clear Thinking

GeeBee

With 51 years flying,  40 years of airline experience, I am amazed at this gentlemen's,( a layman not a pilot,) clear thinking in the midst of overwhelming grief on the MAX fiasco at Boeing. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/01/17/boeing-david-calhoun-airline-safety-culture-lawsuit-ceo-column/4479056002/

• Like 4

That is a very on point piece about Boeing.  In the last 7 years, I’ve gone from 757/767 to the A-320 family to the 787 and the Boeing felt like a step back from the Airbus.  I commented more than once that a lot of the “old Boeing” ways made it into the 787 and it was a shame.  If Boeing is going to catch up, they need a clean sheet design.  That said, the 787 has the best wing of any airplane I have ever flown.

• Like 2

In my professional life, I have worked for seven tech companies, some large, some small, some public, some privately held. The only statement about morality I ever heard was a CEO saying, "We have a moral obligation to maximize the shareholder's return on investment." Employees know when the company is cutting corners; it's not a secret internally and the priorities are communicated from the top down.