Need a Serviceable Muffler for my M20-C

Hi All,

During my annual this year, the A&P broke the news to me that my muffler needs to be replaced.  When he said that it would be around $1600 to have it overhauled, I about fell over!  Does anyone have a lead on where I can find a serviceable muffler until I can get installed until I can look into other options like a Powerflow exhaust system?

Thanks,

Gary

43 minutes ago, BigTex said:

Hi All,

During my annual this year, the A&P broke the news to me that my muffler needs to be replaced.  When he said that it would be around $1600 to have it overhauled, I about fell over!  Does anyone have a lead on where I can find a serviceable muffler until I can get installed until I can look into other options like a Powerflow exhaust system?

Thanks,

Gary

@Alan Foxmaybe.

But if you are shocked at a $1600 overhaul you may want to skip getting quote on a Powerflow, it will be about 3 times that.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BigTex said:

Hi All,

Thanks,

Gary

I just replaced mine with a powerflow.  It’s a 20ish year old Knisley exhaust and the tailpipe was replaced 2 years ago. No issues with it as far as I know. Risers have holes for JPI EGT probes in it. PM me if you’re interested. I’m in Philly though so it would be some shipping cost to get it to you.

• Like 1

Knisley recently redid mine. Told me it would be a complete overhaul for $2600. Turns out the complete overhaul was without the exhaust heat shield like they said it would have. Then they messed up on my exhaust pipe tips so I had to use the old ones. Oh, and they took about three times as long as they quoted my mechanic then blamed him for their errors. 

So make sure you know exactly what you are getting and exactly what the price is.