Unusual PIREP

I have wondered what I would do if the plane became disabled (flat tire), at night, at an uncontrolled field.  Surprisingly hard to taxi with a flat.  Perhaps leave the lights on and call flight services, but I don’t know that they can get anything on the AWOS in a timely manner.   I keep a can of fix a flat in the tool bag, but no guarantees. 

LAA UUA /OV KLAA /TM 1543 /FL000 /TP SW4 /RM RWY 18/36 UNSAFE DISABLED ACFT
I assume that an SW4 flew over this airport and saw that it was unsafe to land due to a disabled aircraft on the runway???

Seeing that they used FL000 for their altitude, my guess they were on the ground. If they were airborne, wouldn’t they have reported their actual altitude as something in the air?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

Seeing that they used FL000 for their altitude, my guess they were on the ground. If they were airborne, wouldn’t they have reported their actual altitude as something in the air?

Not sure...normally when reporting weather which is generally what a PIREP is designed to report (not airport/runway closures, see below), you report either something during a climb, during a descent or at a specific altitude.  You can also report icing or turbulence over a range of altitudes, but unless it's during a climb or descent, a specific altitude or flight level should be reported.  Since the issue is at the surface, hard to know if they were flying or on the ground.  Again, an odd thing to include in a pilot weather report.  Two NOTAMs were issued.

LAA 01/001 LAA RWY 08/26 CLSD 2001171601-2001171901
LAA 01/002 LAA RWY 18/36 CLSD 2001171601-2001171901

9-2-7. DATA TO BE INCLUDED IN PIREPs

Include the following reports of flight conditions, as appropriate:

a. Height and coverage of cloud bases, tops, and layers.

b. Flight visibility.

c. Restrictions to visibility and weather occurring at altitude.

d. Air temperature and changes to temperature with altitude or range.

e. Direction and speed of wind aloft.

f. Extent and intensity of turbulence.

REFERENCE-
FAAO JO 7110.10, Para 9-2-8.

g. Extent, type, and intensity of icing.

REFERENCE-
FAAO JO 7110.10, Para 9-2-9.

h. Weather conditions and cloud cover through mountain passes and over ridges and peaks.

i. Location, extent, and movement of thunderstorms and/or tornadic activity.

j. Excessive winds aloft, LLWS, and other phenomena bearing on safety and efficiency of flight.

Edited by Scott Dennstaedt